PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Dosing

Geranium
03-31-16, 12:40 pm
Hi guys, still dealing with itchy pigs. New vet gave me Revolution for Tulip (960g) with instructions to apply 0.15ml topically ever 2 weeks for 3 doses. I couldn't get a dosing information for Opal, because the vet said he would have to "exam" her in order to prescribe (essentially just meaning he would have to charge me another $65 to tell me dosing information because he already examined her skin). Anyway, I'm having a frustrating day and have already made many mistakes so I don't want to mess up dosage for Opal. I tried using the guinea lynx dose calculator but the units are all jumbled up and I'm afraid I'm figuring it wrong. Opal is 591g and 12 weeks old. The only information I have on the Revolution is that it's "Revolution Taupe Cats 15-22lb". If necessary I can call and ask whether it's "60 mg/cc" or "120 mg/cc" as listed on guinea lynx.

I appreciate the help.

Here's a picture of Opal, just cause she's cute.

lunarminx
03-31-16, 01:13 pm
SELAMECTIN (Revolution) - mg Topical
Pfizer reportedly advises 10 mg/kg for cavies.
THESE PRESCRIPTION ONLY TUBES COME IN DIFFERENT CONCENTRATIONS. BE SURE TO DOSE ACCURATELY.
Draw only a single dose at one time.

5.19 mg________________________________________________ __________IS THE DOSE

lunarminx
03-31-16, 01:15 pm
http://www.guinealynx.info/dose_calculator.html

lunarminx
03-31-16, 01:18 pm
I would do a 0.08 - 0.10 ml for a dose myself.

Geranium
03-31-16, 01:50 pm
That's what I was struggling with, figuring out the actual ml/cc on the syringe. I'll try 0.08.