Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Travel Cage?

Mers Guineas

Cavy Slave
I am going to be adopting 2 guinea pigs, they will have a DIY C&C cage (either 2x5, 2x6, or 2x7. IDK YET. We have 16 squares so we're gonna make that work :p) I'll probably end up getting them around May. I do travel (not a lot) but up to 4 times a year. Yearly, we go to my grandma's for a week, and we also travel during spring break. Every other year we'll go to my cousins lake house, and sometimes additional trips. I do have a pet sitter (thank you DJ guinea pig), who currently watches my hamsters, so thats not a problem. For my hamsters travel cage i use a 72 qt and 90 qt bin, but what should i use for guinea pigs? I'd prefer not spending $70 on a pet store cage! Any ideas? Thanks

(ALSO, is there a way to follow a topic? So i don't have to check it?)

ArcanaNoir

Cavy Slave
By travel cage, I'm guessing you mean a cage to take with you and set up at your destination or pet sitter's? If so, for about $40 (depending on coroplast cost) you could get a pack of grids and another sheet of coroplast and whip up a second, smaller C&C cage. Or you could just use the same grids you are going to use on your regular cage. You could use connectors in the corners for stability of the 90 degree angles, and then zip ties instead of connectors to connect the rest of the grids. That would make it easier to set up and take down and fold up for putting in the car. You can score the coroplast down the middle to be able to fold that too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.