PDA

View Full Version : Injury Uncertain Injury or Illness

MrBright01
03-13-16, 12:16 pm
We've had a bit of a switch-up with my guineas, and I had to place two together that got along okay in general, but one has aggression issues. I woke up yesterday to find these two marks on my piggie, Lucky, and am uncertain about what is wrong. It could be an injury, or it could be mites/mange. I believe it's not fungal, as it is missing the spots associated, but I wanted a second opinion. Unfortunately, the only exotic animal vet nearby has no experience with guineas (I took a different and far sicker piggie to them earlier, and they basically gave me a free radiograph as a training tool for their staff). So, I was hoping one of you folks might be able to give me advice on the matter.

The one on the nose is more noticeable, but there is one under their chin as well.

bpatters
03-13-16, 12:29 pm
See http://www.guinealynx.info/fungus.htm. Get one of the creams mentioned for fungus, apply it sparingly with a q-tip a couple of times a day. Be careful not to get it in the eyes.

Wash you hands well afterwards -- fungi can affect both people and animals.

MrBright01
03-13-16, 12:33 pm
So you know, that link lead to an error page (it's missing the "L" in HTML). But I am quite familiar with that website (I've been scouring it since I saw my piggy get this thing). I only wanted to ensure that it looked like possible fungus to a more experienced eye. Thank you very much for your swift response, I appreciate it.