PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recommendations for a C&C cage for a lion head bunny!

embunny
03-02-16, 11:33 am
I am looking into a C&C cage and don't know which one to go with he's only about 2 pounds now but he may grow up to 3.5 pounds.

Which size do you recommend? obviously I'd add 2 panels tall on the sides for height.
Would I be able to have the cage off the ground with cage stands?
If I got a wide loft would I have to support it because of the larger weight?

Let me know what you guys recommend for a C&C cage for a bunny!

piggielover200
03-02-16, 02:36 pm
I have two lion head males in separate cages. They originally had 2x4 each but being a cage addict ive been slowly adding and they now each have a 2x3 loft as well. They dont get as much playtime as they should because im so busy so I tried to go as big as possible. They do seem a lot happier with any kind of loft even if its only a 1x1 loft. Hope that helped. I think the general rule is they can hop three times for the length and lay completely out for the width, and stand completely up on their hind legs .

embunny
03-02-16, 06:00 pm
I have two lion head males in separate cages. They originally had 2x4 each but being a cage addict ive been slowly adding and they now each have a 2x3 loft as well. They dont get as much playtime as they should because im so busy so I tried to go as big as possible. They do seem a lot happier with any kind of loft even if its only a 1x1 loft. Hope that helped. I think the general rule is they can hop three times for the length and lay completely out for the width, and stand completely up on their hind legs .

What did you do for height of the cage doubled it? or zip tied it so it was a panel and a half?

Did you go with the fleece bedding as well?