Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Clubbed

GiuneaPigLover

Cavy Slave
I have a baby piggy that was born with her front feet clubbed. Is there a way to have this fixed?

No, sorry. You can gently massage them, and they may open up a little more, but there likely won't be much improvement.

This can happen when the sow is exposed to heat that's too high at a certain stage of fetal development.

But the pup can do just fine. If you bed her on fleece with something soft underneath it, and keep the cage very clean, she can do very well.

Thank you @bpatters. I do use fleece and clean every 2-3 days. So far I think I am having more of an issue then she is. lol

@GiuneaPigLover can you post a picture? I'm just curious what clubbed feet look like in a guinea pig. Sounds like you're an excellent guinea pig mom!

Clubbed @pigmommy89, My piggie is very energetic right now, and I can't take her pretty pic. Here is a clear pic I found.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.