Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

Wishuponastar

Cavy Gazer
My name is Deb. I am interested in purchasing my first piggy very soon. I'm in the stages of talking my hubby into it! I love them very much and need a cuddle bug! I am going to purchase a two level C&C cage soon. But for the mean time I'm going to use a small kiddie pool with fleece bedding. I have picked out a piggy and it's an orange little girl piggy and I'm going to name her Pumpkin! I look forward to meeting new people in this forum and learning how to be a new piggy mom!

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! If you're using a kiddie pool, make sure that the sides will be high enough to keep your girl in (at least 12inches, some piggies will try to climb or jump out. we had a playpen that was 9in tall, and one of our girls climbed out!) I also recommend trying to find a friend for your girl (either another girl or neutered male). You can definitely see the difference between a piggy who lives alone and a piggy with a friend!

Wishuponastar

Cavy Gazer
thank you. I didn't think of that

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Please rescue your pig from a shelter or rescue rather than buying one. Also, guinea pigs are herd animals, and you really need at least two.

Moomimad

Cavy Gazer
Great welcome

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.