PDA

View Full Version : C&C Alternatives New guinea pig cage

Dylan456
02-03-16, 12:54 pm
Hi,I have two female guinea pigs that are well bonded,they are getting a new cage,it's a pet store cage(120cm x 60cm which is the rspca minimum guidelines. I still felt this was too small so I ordered two,and I'm joining them together so it in total the cage will be 8ft x 2ft.Opinions please? It worked out much cheaper than a c&c cage,the postage for grids makes it very expensive.

bpatters
02-03-16, 01:26 pm
A doubled cage will be large enough.

But you can buy grids locally. If you order from Walmart, they're shipped to the store for free, and you can then go pick them up at the regular price.

Dylan456
02-03-16, 01:36 pm
Sorry I forgot to mention I'm in Ireland and have to get them delivered from the UK.

ThePigAlchemist
02-03-16, 01:50 pm
That size is large enough, but my concern is how they are doubled up. If they are both only joined by a narrow area, that could be a problem, since that won't allow pigs to do laps and that narrow area could be a cause for fights if two pigs are both trying to get through. If they're joined by a much larger area, though, then that isn't an issue.

Dylan456
02-03-16, 02:05 pm
I was going to use log bridges to cover the whole area for them to get over,or take the ends off and cable tie it on so there is two platforms,for them to get over.http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_cage/120_cm_cages/146571