Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Infection Crusty and irritating ear...?

HailTheH21

Cavy Gazer
Hi. I am freaking out because Sundays suck, and Vets aren't open. My (about) 4 month old piggy, Baldwin, has his entire left ear, crusty, hard at the touch, and he flings his head whenever you touch it. Obviously it is bugging him, he makes a squeak noise, and again flicks his ear. He has a cage buddy, Benson, so this is why I am posing, because if it's contagious via cage, I will be really upset with myself. Besides Benson and Baldwin, I have Bambi and Bonnie (two girls) in another cage, and Barney (a boy) in yet another cage in my room. I am very concerned, and this post will have a picture. I am calling the vet tomorrow unless someone can tell me that I am over-reacting.
BangHead_zpsdf67fd63.gif
sorry_zps881e1177.gif

Baldwin.jpg

HailTheH21

Cavy Gazer
Thank you so much! I'm reading it now.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Buy one of the creams listed on that link that Rywen gave you, and put it on twice a day. Use a q-tip, and wash your hands well afterward.

I wouldn't worry about the other pigs. You now know what to watch for, and can treat them early if needed.

If the fungus creams don't work, post back here and I'll give you directions for treating it as a bacterial infection. But fungus is most likely.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.