PDA

View Full Version : New

CaseyB
01-07-16, 11:05 pm
Hi there,
im new to the forum. We have 4 GP3 females and 1 male. I hope to gain information

bpatters
01-07-16, 11:12 pm
Welcome to the forum.

I do hope you're not breeding your pigs?

CaseyB
01-07-16, 11:27 pm
I do love that, that is how I have been welcomed on to the forum. I am NOT breeding them. The male is currently separated until he can be neuter. He was with one of the females before I got him, so there is a chance that she may be pregnant. I just hate coming on to a forum of people that have nothing better to do than make assumptions towards people. Great first impression:sad:

bpatters
01-07-16, 11:35 pm
Sorry. It's late, and past my bedtime. I didn't mean to offend you. Can we try again?

We'd love to see pictures of your pigs.

peachyteen
01-07-16, 11:42 pm
I can't speak for bpatters, but for me, I had the same first thought. I know that not everyone who has both genders of guinea pigs breed, but it's always a worry. As someone on the forum, I don't know you and your beliefs towards breeding or your general knowledge on guinea pigs. So, in bpatters defence, it's a valid question.

I am glad you aren't breeding and welcome to the forum. I hope you learn a lot, I know I have.

(Also, I would definitely love to see your piggys 😊)

CaseyB
01-08-16, 05:34 am
Maybe it's the way I put my introduction out there. Maybe I should have introduced him as a neutered male. However if it's my decision to breed, how is that anyone's business. You have to understand from my point that posting that as a first comment is a bit shocking and unexpected. There are always ways of educating people and not projecting your opinion on to them. I understand that everyone on here has Guinea Pigs in their best interest, that how I ended up with this breeding pair in the first place. They were being used to breed snake food. Yes there are a lot of unwanted GPs in the world and a lot of people don't understand the risk that the female can be at, but to automatically assume is not a fair way to approach a new member. Just a thought for future newbies

peachyteen
01-08-16, 05:57 pm
Well, this forum is anti-breeding and pro-adoption. There are extra rules that apply if you are a breeder, such as, you can't ask for certain types of tips and you can't post certain photos. We didn't know the situation based off your first post, and it's a valid question to ask. No harm was meant by it.

CaseyB
01-08-16, 07:38 pm
Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. This is a useless argument. I am also anti-breeding and pro-adoption. I'm just saying that being a little more responsive to new member, instead of assuming.

CaseyB
01-09-16, 10:21 am
I do have to apologize to bpatters and peachyteen ! After reading some of the posts on forums, I can understand why you are so passionate about these topics. There is a lot of education to be had out there. And I'm glad there are people like you to pass that around

bpatters
01-09-16, 11:38 am
Thanks, CaseyB. I really wasn't intending to jump on you, but should have been more careful about what I said.

However, as you've discovered, we really do get some doozies on here occasionally. It's hard not to get jaded about the appalling amount of ignorance of the dangers of guinea pig breeding that's floating around out there.

CaseyB
01-09-16, 11:47 am
I can understand that. I wasn't planning on bringing two more pigs into the house, but they were being bred, so the babies could be used as snake food. They didn't want to keep her because of her last litter there was only 1 litter. I hate to think what happened to the little one. I tried to get her rabbits away from her as well, but they produce more babies, so she wasn't willing to let them go.

CaseyB
01-09-16, 11:47 am
*1 baby not litter

peachyteen
01-09-16, 01:12 pm
I'm glad you got those piggies out of that situation