Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Brand new piggy owner :)

PotterNerd

Cavy Gazer
My husband has been begging for either a rabbit or guinea pig for 10 years now, so I decided to surprise him and our son with a pair of guinea pigs for Christmas. I found them on Craigslist from someone who had gotten them this Summer and didn't have enough time for them. They are 5 and 6 month old orange females that we named Holly and Nutmeg. We also have two 7.5 year old cats, who have done great so far with them. They came with a cage similar to a Critter Nation, but I ordered the wire grids to make a C&C cage that will be here on Thursday and I've got coroplast reserved at Home Depot, so hopefully by Thursday evening they will have a new cage! A little about me: I'm a huge Harry Potter fan (hence the username), I love crafting and making art, reading, and eating sushi.

VellaBella

Cavy Slave
..... We can be best friends, okay? I love Harry Potter and reading and ... well, I don't like sushi, but I think it'll be fine. :)

PotterNerd

Cavy Gazer
..... We can be best friends, okay? I love Harry Potter and reading and ... well, I don't like sushi, but I think it'll be fine. :)

Ha! Yes, we can lol And you just need to be introduced to good sushi. My husband was afraid of it forever and now he begs me to go to the sushi bar.

jrv4babies

Cavy Slave
FUN! Great surprise! Look forward to pics! I have an orange one named Cheyanne. She is about a year now, this is a baby pic.
Cheyanne.jpg

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
Hi :) Welcome to the forum. Do you have any photos of your guinea pigs? Harry Potter is on point and perfect.

PotterNerd

Cavy Gazer
@jrv - Cheyanne is so cute! She reminds me of our Nutmeg :)

I'll post pictures as soon as I learn how!

PotterNerd

Cavy Gazer
Photo Dec 29, 7 11 31 PM.jpgPhoto Dec 30, 8 38 14 PM.jpg

Here are our girls! Nutmeg is the crested and Holly is the Abyssinian.

PotterNerd

Cavy Gazer
Oh dear, I don't know how to rotate that picture to the correct orientation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.