Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

BABY ANNOUNCEMENT!! Requested Update :)

FloChild

Cavy Gazer
Many people have messaged me privately requesting to hear about my guinea pigs and their mini pigs once they had had their babies. My sows, sisters Hazel and Mia, became pregnant accidentally. I predicted from what I could feel when holding them gently that Mia would have 3-4 babies and Hazel would have 2-3. I also predicted from what I had seen that the babies would be born on 24/12/15. Well what a journey today has been.

Today, Sunday 27th December 2015, I went downstairs to feed my guinea pigs Hazel and Mia. They were both very fat, and my older sister who has come back from her studies for Christmas and New Year, said "They actually look like they are going to explode."
I ate my breakfast, walked my dog and fed my horse. I then came back to clean out Oreo, my boar and b aby daddy, and then Hazel and Mia. They were all well and munching their vegetables. As the day went on I noticed Mia waddling around and then she laid down by her veg bowl for a bit, nibbling the carrots in the bowl. She seemed very sleepy but she looked healthy so I didn't worry, I knew she was expecting any day. I spent the rest of my day watching YouTube and then I went riding and when I came back, I don't know why I did it but I just thought "I'm going to check Hazel and Mia." Usually I try and give them peace and quiet and I check them a bit later. So I went into the kitchen and I wasn't expecting anything, I was expecting to go and feel little bumps moving around like I had earlier on. No. I put my hand in to the hutch, and I was very careful because I couldn't see anything as there was a lot of bedding, and then suddenly I touched something small and warm and damp. I took my hand away quickly and my mum pulled a lot of the bedding out (I had put a little too much in) carefully so that Mia had some space. Because Mia had had a baby. I wouldn't have known it from her behaviour at all but I had suspected it would be soon. She ended up having four beautiful little babies, black and white and brown and some ginger. I will have a proper look in the morning but I have tried to give them space, Hazel is still pregnant. Mia has lost so much of her fat though, it seems logical but I was so adjusted to seeing her so fat and now she's as thin as a pin (healthy weight though). I gave her so much veg and food and a few hours later I saw her babies nibbling on a carrot with their mummy. Sooooooo pleased, over the moon.

REMOVED

Edited by bpatters: The forums are here for public information, and we do not encourage people to correspond privately about guinea pig care. Good information is important for every one to have and should be made public.

Last edited by a moderator:

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on your first batch of babies! Please show us some pictures when you can! I just love to see their cute little faces and how much they do (or don't) look like their mother. I need to live vicariously through those of you that get to experience babies, as my allergies will keep me from getting any more piggies after my current ones are gone : (

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
I love baby Guinea pigs! Would love to see some pictures of them!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.