Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

URI/Upper Respiratory Infection Can I give Baytril early?

sierralj97

Cavy Slave
My pigs are on baytril twice a day. They should get their dose in about 4 hours, because usually I'm up until early in the morning, and then I get up late in the afternoon, but I'm just so tired, I can barely keep my eyes open. Is four hours early too early?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It really should be given on schedule, especially if you're just starting them on it. If they've been on it several days, it doesn't matter quite as much, because their blood levels of it will have had time to build up.

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
I second bpatters. At the animal hospital where I work, we usually make drug labels up for clients so that all antibiotics read "give every 8/12/24 hours" rather than "give 3/2/1 time(s) daily". The doctors want the labels for antibiotics written this way because the timing is important.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.