PDA

View Full Version : Lonely Guinea Pig

HamsterLoverRMB
11-11-02, 03:10 pm
My guinea pig is lonely. You see, my mother bought me him without my knowing, and she didn't know much about guinea pigs at the time. She thought they were like hamsters and so she bought one male guinea pig. Well, I go to school and usually have homework and after-school activites, and my mother (who is more educated about guinea pigs now) is sometimes away helping in my school or at the store during the day. This means that although he gets lots of attention during the evening and weekends, he's by himself most of the week. He is two months and one week old now, and I don't want to have to give him to a pound or shelter. Is there anything I can do to keep him amused during the time he is alone? I would get another guinea pig, but a female will mate with him and another male will fight him! Please help!

CavySpirit
11-11-02, 09:38 pm
Another male will NOT necessarily fight. Please see this page: www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm (http://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm)

Katesol
05-20-03, 08:24 pm
Poore pig:( ! Do you want buy friend to it ? Friends like another pig or bunny ?

Briana D
05-21-03, 07:04 am
It is not recommended to put a rabbit in with a guinea pig. It can be unsafe for a pig.

CJandGIZMO
06-14-03, 02:59 pm
I have 2 young male piggies living in the same cage. granted i raised them since they were a week old. but they grumble at each other every so often but i've never had them try to bite each other.

keesey
10-29-03, 12:31 am
And don't forget, you can have your little guy snipped. I adopted from Cavy spirit and the male was fixed. He's perfectly lovely and healthy. That way you could buy a female friend for your buddy...or better yet rescue one.