PDA

View Full Version : Hi! New to the forum, owner of two beautiful Abyssinian boars <3

Jenifer Ann
11-17-15, 09:36 pm
Hello everyone, very excited to be a member of the site. So many things to learn about!
I previously owned a Silkie boar who lived 8 years, may he RIP <3 now I have two 3 month old Abyssinian boars!
Not familiar with the breed, but they are very lively!

Here's a picture of when I first brought them home. Now they are in a 2x4 C&C and they love it, popcorning everywhere.
Anyone else have Abyssinians?

PudgePig
11-17-15, 09:39 pm
Welcome! They're sooo cute. :) I have 2 Abyssinians and 1 American Shorthair. The Abby's are much more vocal and mischievous. :)

Jenifer Ann
11-17-15, 09:50 pm
Awe :3 I have noticed Goku (black/brown) is very vocal, there usually isn't any moment where he isn't beeping or something, he constantly talks! On the other hand Vegeta (white/brown/black) he doesn't say a word unless it's food time and bags crinkle and even then it's not nearly as loud as Goku's noises.

Goku is the dominant one and slightly bigger.

Elizabeth Nuss
11-17-15, 10:06 pm
I have 2 Abbys myself!
My Tumblr page with them <3

(http://olizzylizzyo.tumblr.com/tagged/guinea-pig)Hope you stick around!

Comely Guineas
11-17-15, 10:14 pm
I have 2 Abyssinian boars too :) One of mine looks just like your Goku. The other just had his hair cut (he is long haired). Welcome to the forums, I'm new myself.

Edit: He also looks a lot like Elizabeth's skippy too. Haha

Jenifer Ann
11-17-15, 10:16 pm
They're so cute! I followed you. I will probably start spamming photos of mine on my tumblr as well.

Jenifer Ann
11-17-15, 10:17 pm
Awe, look at mohawk!

Kristi26
11-25-15, 01:59 pm
Aww! I love abyssinians! I'm new here too. Welcome!

PeanutnCookie
11-25-15, 02:02 pm
Hi and welcome! I only have American shorthairs, but I've been wanting an abby for a while! All your guinea pigs are adorable :D

Nannub
11-25-15, 02:50 pm
Awe :3 I have noticed Goku (black/brown) is very vocal, there usually isn't any moment where he isn't beeping or something, he constantly talks! On the other hand Vegeta (white/brown/black) he doesn't say a word unless it's food time and bags crinkle and even then it's not nearly as loud as Goku's noises.

Goku is the dominant one and slightly bigger.

I own two girls. Nami is an agouti, she's very vocal. My american short haired, Vi, only wheeks when I make noises with hay bag and not as loud as Nami.

G.Piggies
11-25-15, 03:27 pm
I have two Abbsynian girls. Your pigs are beautiful and you have a great cage set up for them!

G.Piggies
11-25-15, 03:29 pm
I have aby girls!

Christy Mancl
12-10-15, 09:53 pm
I just got two Abyssinian boars also. Mine are only 5 weeks old. I got them from a rescue place and love them very much already.77668

magicpiggie
12-10-15, 10:21 pm
Hello everyone, very excited to be a member of the site. So many things to learn about!
I previously owned a Silkie boar who lived 8 years, may he RIP <3 now I have two 3 month old Abyssinian boars!
Not familiar with the breed, but they are very lively!

Here's a picture of when I first brought them home. Now they are in a 2x4 C&C and they love it, popcorning everywhere.
Anyone else have Abyssinians?

They are adorable! I love how shiny Goku looks! They are heart melters with those faces!

Just a tip: I noticed their food had colored bits and seeds. I feed my pigs just plain pellets. Reason being the colored bits are full of sugar and dye. Guinea pigs do not handle sugar well, which is why they get fruit as a treat. Seeds and nuts are not only high in fat (or at least nuts are) but they pose HUGE choking risks.

Jenifer Ann
12-10-15, 11:13 pm
They are adorable! I love how shiny Goku looks! They are heart melters with those faces!

Just a tip: I noticed their food had colored bits and seeds. I feed my pigs just plain pellets. Reason being the colored bits are full of sugar and dye. Guinea pigs do not handle sugar well, which is why they get fruit as a treat. Seeds and nuts are not only high in fat (or at least nuts are) but they pose HUGE choking risks.

Oh yea, I know. That was just the starter bag that the cage came with. Since then I've built a C&C cage and switched over to Oxbow pellets :) thanks