PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Binka and Jackson

CavyAddict
10-28-05, 09:15 am
I have just introduced Binka and Jackson to each other, on neutral territory, they have been doing the usual getting to know each other dances, but, I'm just wondering how long it takes usually to make a successful introduction.

At the minute Jackson is laid in his play tube and Binka is sprawled out legs spread etc, they have been teeth chattering, but not constantly and just seem to be looking at each other, if the introduction is not succesful today, do we just try them again tomorrow and so on? When they are in their cages they can nose each other through the bars and are constantly 'talking' to each other.

CavyAddict
10-28-05, 09:18 am
They are now just chasing each other, laying down opposite each other and then chasing each other etc. I want to make sure that i doing the right thing after their first disastrous introduction.

CavyAddict
10-28-05, 09:50 am
Anyone have any more tips or advice

futureguineamom
10-28-05, 10:04 am
lol Aw, be patient. I don't personally have any experience with this, but just wait. Somebody will be able to answer you soon. :) I know, easier said then done. Good luck.

cavy-cool-crazy
10-28-05, 10:28 am
It sounds like they are getting on great! To have no nipping and lunging at each other is definitely something! I'd say give them a little more time together out of the cage, then pop them into a very well cleaned cage with plenty of hay and some veggies and I can't see too many problems arising. Let us know how it goes!