Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Moderators Please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beowulf1976
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
The mods can't remove you from this site - they can ban you or you can just ignore this account and never come on again.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Yes, this forum likes to have proper spelling and grammar but what's wrong with that? If you cannot spell, then yes! You should have a dictionary by your side - how else will you improve? Take a looksie at other forums, where text talk, bad spelling and grammar are present. We'll see how long it takes for you to read the posts! :)

Sure...you really appreciate the rulings. You compared this forum to Hitlers camp for poops sake.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Beowulf - We do not remove you. If you don't like it simply unsubscribe from any threads you subscribed to and don't come back.

This is a privately run forum. The administrator has set up certain rules that we moderators have promised to uphold. They aren't hard rules. All we ask is that you do your best to capitalize, punctuate and refrain from using chat speak.

Last edited:

JennG

Cavy Slave
It's not that difficult to follow these simple rules. It makes things easier to read if you use proper English, spelling and punctuation. I think the mods and T are lenient on those that have problems with this such as Dyslexia and if you're from another country. If you don't like it, just leave. So long!

happimommaof2

Cavy Slave
I agree with the rules it is nice to be able to read posts with out taking forever, and as for spelling I dont think they are as strict on that as they are the capatilization and punctation. It is a great forum its kind of silly that you dont want to be a part of something like this because you have to use proper grammar, I absolutley benefit from this forum and beleive me my piggies do to. I thought about leaving once but then I saw the error of my ways I love it here. In all seriousness though I read your post and you seem to type really good, I dont see why you are making such a big deal about it. But that is my opinion, and your decision. :melodrama

Take Care
Amanda

JennG

Cavy Slave
happimommaof2-I'm glad you decided to stay. This is a great forum and like an extended part of my family.

happimommaof2

Cavy Slave
I know I got a little dramatic when I first started here. But than some people on here made some good points, and I realized what I was complaining about was so small it was ridiculous (sp?) on my part and I learned that this is not a bad place. So thank you I am also glad I decided to stay.
Take Care
Amanda

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I think the most important reason for proper spelling and punctuation is the fact that there are people on this forum from many different countries. If we are spelling things wrong and not using proper punctuation, it can be difficult for those from other countries to understand us.

Plus, I my opinion, anyone who is old enough to be on the internet and in a chat room should be old enough to spell and punctuate properly. If I had trouble, I would certainly have a dictionary handy. For those with dyslexia, its ok and understandable.

ilovpiggiesthei

Cavy Slave
dyslexia is a very confusing thing!
And someone shouting at you for it is upsetting and embarasing too!
xx

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I have dyslexia, so does my husband. It does not cause you to forget to Capitalize or forget punctuation. It's just a convenient excuse some people use.

I know a 10 year old autistic boy who's capitalization skills and punctuation are better then what I have seen some people on this site use. If he can do it others can too.

Last edited:

ilovpiggiesthei

Cavy Slave
I know i will make a HUGE effort i promise and if i need a dictionary i will go and fetch one :D!

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
zakfoxmom said:
...Plus, I my opinion...

There is the occasional flub that is no big deal :)

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Nope, sorry Zakfox. You're banned. No flubs allowed.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
:D

This line added because apparently laughing with a smiley at voodoos joke wasn't enough! :)

happimommaof2

Cavy Slave
In my opinion the only reason why she started this thread is because she wanted to get everyone riled up! She wanted arguments and attention. The only thing is she did get what she wanted and she did not, we are giving attention but yet no one is riled, heck I deal with this every day I have a 6 year old and 4 year old and they see how far they can go just for the attention. No big deal. I know I gave her attention to but it was hard not to respond. Take care All
Amanda

JennG

Cavy Slave
Happimommaof2-I have a 2yr old, 7yr old & 10yr old. If we can handle them, we can handle anything. :) Oh VJ, you're quite funny. :0) I'm glad your back. I really missed seeing your posts. ;) Ooops! I did three smilies, please don't ban me. teehee!! Sorry my oneriest is coming out.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Beowulf is probably mad at me because I asked him/her to read the posting rules because they are new member. I do that with all the newbies. I give more warnings for failure to use capitalization and punctuation than for any other reason. My biggest pet peeves on this forum are failure to capitalize the first letter of your sentences, not capitalizing an "I" and using ... or smilies to end a sentence instead of a simple period/full stop (.) and chat speak. I detest chat speak. I don't expect perfect spelling but if a member spells the majority of their words incorrectly they are encouraged to get a dictionary or use spell checking software before posting. I don't expect perfect grammar either. I do expect that members take the time to not be so lazy when posting. We do make exceptions for disabled members.

The reasons for the rules are simple. People come here from all over the world and post. If their native language isn't english and if they can't read the posts easily, they can't get help for their pigs.

I will say if you don't like our rules, find another forum.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Good Lord, Ly! Aren't we being picky? ;) Just kidding. It's really not that hard to post with good punctuation, decent spelling and proper form; especially when it comes to ending a sentence with a period & capitalizing the letter i when using it as a pronoun. I don't see the big deal but I guess some people are bored.:melodrama

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Do you want me to bonk you in the head again PHB?

Status
Not open for further replies.