Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hey Everyone!!! :)

callie_13

Cavy Gazer
Hey guys! My name is Callie, and I have 2 guinea pigs, Polka and Dot, haha.
I used to be on this forum a while ago, but I left, I don't really remember why lol.
My cage history is pretty weird, I've had my guinea pigs for almost 4 years, they turn 4 this October.
My pigs started out in a pet store cage when I first got them, shortly after I discovered C&C cages, fleece, etc. I saved up my money and got a 2x6 cage with w 2x2 upper level. They lived in this cage for a little more than a year, but the cleaning was difficult under the upper level and it was taking up to much space in my room. I decreased the size to a 2x5 and kept that for another year.
After a while I didn't want the pigs in my room anymore because of all the space the cage took up. I had a free, empty room in my basement that I was able to use to have a bigger cage and more space. I built a 3x6 cage with the 'shower curtain method', and they lived in this for another year. Eventually, the cage kind of 'wore out' and the grids kept falling apart and it just wasn't working out with the cleaning. I wanted a C&C cage back because of how nice it looked and how easy it was to clean.
I decreased the size once again to a 2x5. They lived in this for only about 6 months, but for some reason I wanted them back in my room, but didn't want a C&C cage again. I stupidly threw away the 2x5 base and put all of my grids into storage.
I crammed both of my guinea pigs into an extremely small pet store cage. They lived in this for about 5 months, and then I realized how stupid I was and how unacceptable this cage was. I had a slightly bigger pet store cage which they are currently living in now.
Now, I am currently planning a 2x4 C&C cage for them. I would like to go bigger, but I am very limited on space/money right now and I am also planning on a cage for my bunny, who is 7 years old.
I hope that wasn't to boring to read, lol, but that's basically all I can say about their cage right now. I am hoping to learn a lot more about guinea pigs and find out ways to care for them better :) If anyone has any advice or anything, please tell me, it would be really appreciated :)

KitKat1

Cavy Slave
Hi! I recently joined this forum too, and no, your post wasn't boring to read. lol I don't have guinea pigs yet, but I am planning to get two females.:eek: What breed are your piggies?:p

callie_13

Cavy Gazer
Hi! I recently joined this forum too, and no, your post wasn't boring to read. lol I don't have guinea pigs yet, but I am planning to get two females.:eek: What breed are your piggies?:p

Hi! Welcome to you too! :) My pigs are both Americans

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.