PDA

View Full Version : one little piggie turned into three, lol

threefurballs
08-05-15, 10:13 pm
My husband, three year old son and I ran to petsmart to grab some fish food and happened to find out about a guinea pig that they had for adoption. I had guinea pigs as a child but will readily admit I was ignorant and didn't know it was so bad to buy from the pet store BUT omg the sweetie they brought out is amazing, cuddly loving and so sweet to my son. We asked as many questions as we could think of about her before hand. She had been returned because she had gotten something wrong with her eye and apparently the owners didn't want to take the time to get her better. It broke our hearts ... We adopted and bought the biggest cage we could find ... Now we know it's dinky, we got everything fixed within days. Did a little reading and found out they were better with friends. After a small trial and error we found two at the store that they get along. (Did more research that night and found out about the mills). But by then we already had them and could never imagine returning them, it's not their fault. So we built a huge cage and they are so happy. Next time we will adopt, but I wouldn't change our three fur babies for anything. Sorry for the long introduction. Now to introduce ...

Grayish and white is spazz, lives up to the name, Brown and white is butterscotch.

And Nova, or as my son says shobo, the one who started it all. Seriously who could have ever returned her!

Cavies4EverEver
08-06-15, 07:21 am
Welcome! :) My first guinea pig was a pet smart pig, I know better now. They are adorable

Cavies4EverEver
08-06-15, 07:21 am
My Nala has that same pillow LOL

BarBGirl1999
08-14-15, 03:17 pm
Welcome! They're all adorable! My piggies are pet store pigs too, so don't feel bad...my husband saw them in that tiny little cage and couldn't bear to leave them behind, hahaha.

threefurballs
08-18-15, 08:24 pm
Couldn't figure out where to post this but felt I had to add, not all pet store employees are evil and such. Ours that we dealt with getting Nova was great. She's the one who told us about the c&c cages and fleece and the dos and fonts of food and hay. It's making me sad seeing so many sites bashing these people. Yes some aren't worth a polished turd but there are some who try to make a difference.

And finding out was we search for our forth that our area is the land of ferrets and not guinea pigs is enlightening.

Cavies4EverEver
08-19-15, 07:57 am
Couldn't figure out where to post this but felt I had to add, not all pet store employees are evil and such. Ours that we dealt with getting Nova was great. She's the one who told us about the c&c cages and fleece and the dos and fonts of food and hay. It's making me sad seeing so many sites bashing these people. Yes some aren't worth a polished turd but there are some who try to make a difference.

And finding out was we search for our forth that our area is the land of ferrets and not guinea pigs is enlightening.

Just as a correction, its not the employees it's the corporation as a whole who sells things to guinea pigs that they can't have, and of course there is always a chance that a store employee does know what they are doing but it's very rare. Pet stores are not about the care of an animal, the care about how much money they make.

CassiesCavy
08-19-15, 09:45 am
They are adorable!!!

CavyChrissy
08-19-15, 12:38 pm
Welcome! I just LOVE Nova's colors and the white down the face!

animalmadlover
08-19-15, 03:09 pm
OMG Nova looks EXACTLY like Poppy, the guinea pig I had when I was little. So cute!