Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Need advice on attaching fleece to base...

winny

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm making the switch from carefresh bedding to fleece bedding with towels and training pads for my pigs, and I just ran into a huge problem. The base I ordered had the 12" back wall since I figured I would be sticking with paper bedding! I had plans on using binder clips to clip the fleece to the base so they wouldn't be able to get underneath the fleece, but that will be a lot more difficult now that I just realized I had that big wall there!!

I'm not the most talented at cutting/scoring, however I'll try my best to make it even if necessary! I was just hoping there would be some other options to make this work :)

wombats

Cavy Slave
If your guinea pigs are not burrowers you could simply put the fleece on top of the towels and everything. Most people use binder clips when their piggies burrow and kick up the fleece, but if yours don't it's not a problem. If they do, you can always just cut the back down later and deal with the issue when it arises.

You can also get a piece of fleece slightly bigger than the base of the cage and tuck it underneath the absorbant layers so it stays in place a bit better.

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
I just did had the same thing when I switched from liners that lay flat to fleece over wood pellets! I swear I cut down the back wall of the coroplast with a dull Swiss Army knife and it was like cutting through butter, I thought cutting down the back wall would be hard... Nope it was so easy!

I think it was worth it, I love having the fleece tucked over the coro because it's so cute!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.