Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Cage for my Pigs

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
I currently use a pet corral as a cage but Nala is about to have her babies so I would like to expand it. I bought 69 grids. Is this going to be enough for the girls and the boys? Should i put them on top of eachother? HELP !

wombats

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh, 69 grids? That's MORE than enough! Holy crud! How many guinea pigs do you currently have, and what genders are they? I'm absolutely certain you can make something to suit your needs. I mean, consider this. One 2x6 cage, which uses only 14 grids if you don't need a top. That one 2x6 can house up to 4 guinea pigs comfortably, being one ALTERED male and three females, or all females. Males do better in pairs, however, and need a 2x5 or larger to get along comfortably, which is 12 grids.

You can also make one really big cage if you have lots of females, and that would be 2x3 + 2x1 for every new guinea pig. For example, if you have 6 sows for some reason, then they could be in a 2x8. You can always go wide, too, and do a 3xwhatever. It's all in the square footage anyway.

And yes you probably could stack cages, but I have no experience in that. I know others have, so see if anyone else knows.

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
I have a trio of males in a 4x4 C&C cage but there is still scuffles. I am going to expand it to a 4x6 so they can be more comfortable. Any way a 4x6 in terms of 2 would be a 2x12 which would comfortably house 4-9 male guinea pigs or 1 male and 5-8 females or 6-10 females, if for some reason you have that many piggies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.