Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Can't find a sheet big enough?

ErinRowe

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! I am a fairly new cavy owner and a first time C&C Cage builder.
I adopted a solo guinea pig in need of some medical attention a few months ago. Now that he's all healed up I want to get him a friend!
I want to build him and his future pal a C&C Cage. But, the normal Cloroplast sheets 4' x 8' aren't big enough.
The space I have is 4' x 4'. But, with having the Cloroplast go up the sides, it wouldn't be a big enough sheet. What do you guys do when this problem arises? What do you recommend I do? Thanks for your help!

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
You could get 2 coroplast sheets?

ErinRowe

Cavy Slave
How do I connect them together in the middle? That's what I was wondering about.
My guinea pig hates fleece, won't even walk on it, so I'll have to use bedding. And I don't want it falling through the cracks.

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
You could try duck tape.

ErinRowe

Cavy Slave
Would it hurt him if he started chewing on it though?

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
I don't think he would be able to get the duck tape through bedding

ErinRowe

Cavy Slave
Alright, I'll try that then. Thank you! :)

Icarus_Hermes

Cavy Slave
If overlap the sheets a little and use duck tape on the side of the coroplast that touches the floor/table, not the piggie side, then even a curious burrowing pig can't get to it.

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
I used clear packing tape to connect two pieces of coroplast for my first cage. It's flatter than duct tape so I think it might be a little harder for them to get their teeth under it. I had that taped-up coroplast for almost 3 years and my girls never even tried to mess with it, so I don't know what would happen with pigs who like eating weird stuff.

Rybatace

Cavy Slave
I had the same problem. I taped the coroplast together, with packaging tape, and then covered the entire thing with a vinyl table cloth to prevent spills from the joining area.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I use half fleece and half bedding in my cages. I always line the bedding side with flattened paper bags or newspapers before I add the bedding (Fresh News for Cats) so the coroplast stays clean. It makes it a lot easier to clean the cage. I sort of roll it and pull it into a Hefty bag I bring right into the cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.