Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Found the PERFECT upper level supports!

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
I was recently killing some time at Goodwill, waiting for my husband to get off work so we could go to my parent's for my mom's birthday.

While I was there I stumbled upon these! They are 14"x14", the perfect size for support grids for an upper level!
IMG_0277.jpgIMG_0279.jpg
There were 10 in the pack and I grabbed them immediately!
There wasn't a price on them so the clerk sold them to me for $3! TALK ABOUT A DEAL!

Once I got home I cleaned them with my white vinegar/water mix and cut the plastic section off using my box cutter, leaving just the sturdy wire frame!
I had been searching for a proper upper level support system for WEEKS and am so glad to have found these!
Here is the final result :) (pardon the poops, I haven't vacuumed for the night yet!)
IMG_0275.jpgIMG_0276.jpg
(you can see Freya's nose xD) (the girls are in the bottom 2x4 at the moment until I can reintroduce Ikarus, my boar. The baby boy Benedict is in the top level until the reintroductions and the 2x3 cage is freed up for him to go into)
Now my girls have lots of unobstructed zooming and popcorning room! they LOVE it! It makes cleaning a lot easier too :)
So, if anyone is ever looking for good support for an upper level to their 2 story cages: these are the best things ever!

Last edited:

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
This is the closest thing I could find on amazon that resembles these: (broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.