Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to the forum...Introducing a herd of 7 sows!

Cavyhappy

Cavy Gazer
Hi im jonathan and would like to formally introduce Gronkette, Buffalo, Gingerfro, Momma, Blackface, Hansel, and Bradshaw 20150703_000954.jpg
20150703_001036.jpg
Feeding time!

guineapigsxo

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Your pigs are all adorable. :)

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
I wish I could have that many guinea pigs!! They are all so cute!

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!!

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!!

LOL! I say that to my cat Lucky all the time. He thinks I'm crazy. I can't wait for the Minion movie to come out. At least I have a five year old nephew to take with me, so I don't look like a weirdo going by myself. :)

Lady Amelia

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness! They are so precious!! How is the monthly cost to care for all 7 of them? I'm thinking of adding a few more to my family :)

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of amazing info here and I warn you: you will find yourself digging around for new info all the time :D
YOU'RE PIGS ARE ADORABLE. OH MY GOSH. How old are all of them? they are so cute I seriously cannot get over it! :D

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
They are gorgeous! I'm so jealous, I wish I could have that big of a herd.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Wow, seven is quite a herd. How did you end up with so many at once?

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave
Holy Piggie batman!!! Your herd is adorable!! Do they have a whole room to themselves or something? I only have two and I swear their cage just keeps growing on me. :) Welcome to the forum, anything and everything you could ever need to know if in some thread in one form or fashion.

Cavyhappy

Cavy Gazer
Wow, seven is quite a herd. How did you end up with so many at once?

So...we had a guinea which we bought from pets mart not knowing much about them, or knowing how awful it is to buy them from pet stores. Her name was Gisele and everything seemed great so we bought her a sister from the same place...To our surprise she had an URI and ringworm. Since guineas are animals of prey, we didnt know until the last second and Gisele had passed away. We quickly took our other guinea into the vet and $300 later she was good togo. Since then, we looked online and found a couple texels which needed a new home or else the owners were going to take them to an adoption center. We also got two more from an adoption center as well. The other, buffalo who is a teddy haired guinea, we inherited alone with a dwarf rabbit. Both had thousands of flees but we saved them and now we own a rabbit LOL. My favorite little cavy is the Abyssinian sow named Gronkette. Yes named after a football player. She grooms me and does a couple tricks. We found her on craigslist as an adoption. We have a two story c&c cage with a fenced area leading out of the cage. I put them in a different fenced cage to eat romaine, bell pepper, and cilantro two times a day. It is expensive due to the veggies i feed them and very time consuming...I clean their cage every 2 days which takes two hours each time. I also spend an hour everynight hand picking the poop out of their cage...I try to handle every guinea twice a day!!

Cavyhappy

Cavy Gazer

Cavyhappy

Cavy Gazer

Cavyhappy

Cavy Gazer
20150706_010120.jpg
My kiddo with his favy cavy

Cavyhappy

Cavy Gazer
And yes...they have their own room!!!Its a walk in closet the size of a master bedroom closet...it has air conditioning and we leave the door open with a walk out oxbow fence...it gives the sows another five sq feet to cause mischief!!

wombats

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness!! Looks like cavy heaven to me with the care you give them. :D They're all very fortunate to have such a considerate and loving owner

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.