PDA

View Full Version : Skin Problems Black spot and "dandruff"

briocht
06-23-15, 02:06 pm
I'm almost scared to ask this but I noticed a black spot on my baby a while back. Went to the pet store and the guy told me it could be anything even just an age spot (she's three) and to keep an eye on her. I decided in the absence of other symptoms that I would keep an eye on it and if it changed or grew at all I would take her to the vet straight away. It hasn't changed at all and she has no problem if I touch it so it doesn't appear to hurt her. Only yesterday when I took her out to brush her I noticed some "dandruff" mainly concentrated underneath her near her butt which I never saw before (probably hard to see in the picture).

She seems perfectly happy and healthy. Clear eyes, same appetite, fur looks healthy and she doesn't seem to be shedding hair anymore than usual or scratching an abnormal amount...

Can anyone offer any guidance on what this might be. I've already had a bit of a weep at the thought of losing her (yes I jump to the worst conclusion).

I love her so much!

74963 74964

Thank you for any advice. I shall be refreshing this thread like a maniac I guess. Sigh...

x

bpatters
06-23-15, 02:18 pm
The round spot looks like a wart or mole or possibly a sebaceous cyst. I'd keep an eye on it, and if it changes in any way other than getting smaller, you could get it checked out.

The "dandruff" may just be stuff from her grease gland. Is it concentrated around the gland?

briocht
06-23-15, 02:26 pm
The round spot looks like a wart or mole or possibly a sebaceous cyst. I'd keep an eye on it, and if it changes in any way other than getting smaller, you could get it checked out.

The "dandruff" may just be stuff from her grease gland. Is it concentrated around the gland?

Thank you so much for your reply!

I didn't realise GPs could get warts or moles! Gosh I hope it's something like that! Is there any treatment available for them?

Now that you say it does appear to be concentrated around the gland...

Is there anything else I should keep an eye out for?

foggycreekcavy
06-24-15, 12:52 pm
Thank you so much for your reply!

I didn't realise GPs could get warts or moles! Gosh I hope it's something like that! Is there any treatment available for them?

Now that you say it does appear to be concentrated around the gland...

Is there anything else I should keep an eye out for?

It's not common for them to have warts or moles, but it does happen. No need to do anything if that's the case.

You might rub some cold pressed coconut oil onto the dandruffy part.