Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Problems With Pets stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzypeaches

Cavy Slave

I'm trying to convince my parents that it's worth the drive to go to a shelter instead of Petsmart or another store. So if you have any horror stories about buying from pet stores and why it is better to adopt then please post them!:expressio convince them I should adopt and that its worth the drive

naturestee

Cavy Slave
fuzypeaches said:

I'm trying to convince my parents that it's worth the drive to go to a shelter instead of Petsmart or another store. So if you have any horror stories about buying from pet stores and why it is better to adopt then please post them!:expressio convince them I should adopt and that its worth the drive

Hmm... how about animals that are sexed wrong, pregnant, or ill without vet care? Euthanization of ill animals so the public doesn't see them? Have your parents ask the petstore what is done with ill animals or those that are there for a very long time. Animals that are sent back to the breeder are usually euthanized. Oh, and don't forget about the animals euthanized at shelters because nobody wants them. Also, would they rather have their money supporting a business or a nonprofit?

I hope this helps!:)

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Please don't post an item in multiple forums. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.