Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Alternatives to C&C cages?

Vaygapawz

Cavy Slave
Not to offend anyone, but I don't find the C&C cages appealing at all. I like my animals cages to look nice and suit their needs. I would like to build a melamine cage, but have heard that the pigs will chew and pee on it, making for a smelly, ugly cage. What are your thoughts?

lissie

Cavy Slave
To me, as long as the cage is safe, and provides adequate space for them, it's fine to use. Doesn't have to be a C&C.

See this gallery for ideas:
(broken link removed)

This is my cage.
(broken link removed)

Vaygapawz

Cavy Slave
Awesome, thanks for the links [MENTION=11509]lissie[/MENTION]! So would melamine be okay, or would I be better off with some pvc sheets?

lissie

Cavy Slave
Awesome, thanks for the links [MENTION=11509]lissie[/MENTION]! So would melamine be okay, or would I be better off with some pvc sheets?

Melamine is fine if the pigs can't chew it. This cage is made with melamine and plexiglass.
(broken link removed)

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
That's a lovely melamine cage! C&C is a great option, but piggies can definitely be happy in other options, as long as they have the right space. I was going to go with C&C, but when we moved I put the girls in a child's swimming pool (they'd had one before as a floor time pen), and they love it so that's been their cage for the past year. It has lots of space and is very easy to clean. It takes up a lot of floor space, but the pigs and my bird have their own room so that's no big deal in the new house.

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
You could use a Midwest guinea pig cage. It is expandable and you can get it on amazon:)

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave
Those are awesome cute cages! [MENTION=22259]mufasa[/MENTION] I saw on pintrest where someone had used a kiddie pool and their set up was adorable. :)

Vaygapawz

Cavy Slave
These are great ideas so far!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.