Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Midwest Upper Level Ideas!

aliwb

Cavy Gazer
Hi everyone, I really want to add a loft to my midwest cage, and I found this youtube video where this girl made a sort of freestanding upper level: maxresdefault.jpg

but I was wondering if I could be able to expand it even further so it continues round the side (I very badly drew a rough sketch to give an idea): guinea pig cage.jpg

please let me know if anyone has done anything similar or if you have any other ideas, also I know that I will have to overlap many grids, so hoping this project won't be too expensive!

Thanks in advance, p.s not sure how this attachment thing works, I'm new to the forum!

Ali x

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

I personally wouldn't add any loft to a single Midwest. Adding support and ramps just takes away from their much needed floor space.

The design that you created sections the cage off into smaller spaces but guinea pigs prefer one wide open space. Lofts are also not counted as additional floorspace.

It's a creative idea but I don't think it's very practical. The Midwest cage just meets minimum space requirements and I wouldn't want to take any running room away from them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.