PDA

View Full Version : New Cage!!

kubla_cavy
10-17-05, 06:57 am
I finally was able to build my C&C cage this weekend!

It's a 2x4 single storey for right now. I plan to add a loft later on.

I got my coroplast from a local plastics supplier, $7 for a 4X8 sheet, at that price I bought 2. I found my cubes at Big Lots, "Space Maker" I think is the brand name. They are the multi-colored kind: red, blue, yellow and green. I got them for $19.99 for 32 grids.

With the instructions from this site it was easy to put together. I made a 2x4 since I am planning to get a buddy for Pretzel. He couldn't be happier! He's running laps and popcorning all over the place.

I will try to post pics of it later this afternoon.

kubla_cavy
10-18-05, 05:43 am
Here's a pic of Pretzel enjoying his new cage. He's resting in his new favorite thing, his oatmeal box tunnel...:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/KublaKhanX/cavycavy024.jpg

Odella
10-18-05, 07:07 am
That looks fantastic! I like your idea with having the hay in a box instead of in a hay-rack...

Percy's Mom
10-18-05, 07:50 am
kubla_cavy - The cage looks great, and it's already big enough to get a buddy pig in there for Pretzel. I use an oatmeal container for a tunnel as well. If I might make a suggestion, pull the plastic ring out of the top and peel off the label. The tub will be safer if Pretzel decides to chew on it that way.

kubla_cavy
10-18-05, 09:06 am
kubla_cavy - The cage looks great, and it's already big enough to get a buddy pig in there for Pretzel. I use an oatmeal container for a tunnel as well. If I might make a suggestion, pull the plastic ring out of the top and peel off the label. The tub will be safer if Pretzel decides to chew on it that way.

Okay will do, thanks for the tip!

kubla_cavy
10-18-05, 09:07 am
That looks fantastic! I like your idea with having the hay in a box instead of in a hay-rack...

Yeah I am going to build a permanent box out of coroplast, he really likes his box, he loves to jump over it for some reason...:rolleyes:

cavy-cool-crazy
10-18-05, 09:14 am
It looks brilliant! Well done!

kubla_cavy
10-18-05, 09:15 am
It looks brilliant! Well done!

Thanks! I love the yellow coroplast, the place I got it from had a very large assortment of colors available.

Mummy
10-18-05, 09:59 am
Looks great! Whereabouts are you? It would be great for people in your area to know where they can get the coroplast!

kubla_cavy
10-18-05, 10:40 am
Looks great! Whereabouts are you? It would be great for people in your area to know where they can get the coroplast!

Thanks! I am in Southwest Ohio, and the supplier that I got the coro from is actually already listed in the main page directory of suppliers (Meyer Plastics) -- that's how I found it...:)