PDA

View Full Version : Finally introducing us!

Diana Durfey
04-01-15, 09:19 am
Hi everyone, my name is Diana. I have 3 guinea pigs. We got them a little under a month ago from a lady whose son was no longer interested in them. She got one from the pet store and it came home pregnant and had 2 babies. She told me that she had them sexed by a vet and the babies were both female. I was stupid and believed her and didn't even think to check. I don't know what I was thinking. I have had guinea pigs before. Well my daughter was checking to make sure everything was clean like your suppose to and she came running in and said mom I don't think that Nina is a girl.:ohmy: Well needless to say Nina, is now Toothless.>( And unfortunately I think he got his mom pregnant. She is pretty big and it really looks like something is moving around in her stomach. So we have separated Toothless from Alice and Jana, but now Alice is starting to be mean to Jana so we are thinking we are going to have to separated them until after then babies are born and a little older and sexed and everything is figured out. Oh goodness. Sorry for the long confusing story.

So we have 3 wonderful piggies. They are all American tri-colored guinea pigs. The top picture is Toothless. Middle is Jana. Bottom is Alice. It is difficult to tell their sizes by these pictures and these were taken the day we got them. That was almost 4 weeks ago. I will get new pictures soon.

foggycreekcavy
04-01-15, 09:54 am
I wouldn't separate the girls from each other. As long as your cage is large enough and they have space to get away from each other, they will be fine. Check out the cage size standards at www.guineapigcages.com .

Diana Durfey
04-01-15, 10:33 pm
Ok, we will just put Toothless in the smaller cage until the babies are born and take out the separator in the big cage. That way the girls will be in a 2x4 C&C cage. I am thinking that we are going to have to make a second cage that is at least a 2x3 C&C cage. Thanks for your advice. Now I just have to order some more grids and call the sign guy and see when he is coming to town next.:)