Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels How to build an upper level on your C&C?

PopcorningPigs

Cavy Slave
I currently have a 2x4 C&C cage for my three girls. I've always talked about adding another level to the cage, but I don't know how to put it together. They are on fleece bedding so I need the cage to still be easily accessed from both levels for daily cleanings. I may be adopting another piggy here soon from a friend who has been too busy to keep up with her girlie. So I need to make this cage soon, but I don't even know where to begin! :sad: So if you know how to put together a multi-level C&C cage please enlighten me! This cage also needs to have ramps so the pigs can go from level to level, because I plan on letting all four together if the introduction of the new one is a success!

GuineaPiggie123

Cavy Slave
How I did it may not be the way your supposed to but when I was building my c&c cage and had 2 extra cubes. I layed 1 flat on the top and I put the second on parallel to the base. I attacked the both of the and it holds fairly well. Just don't put all 3 (and maybe 4! Congrats!) up there it may fall I don't know. But if you had extra coroplast then you can use that as a floor and wall for your upper layer. You can make it a hay room, a chew room or something. Still used fleece bedding for the floor to make it easier to clean.

Piggly12

Cavy Slave
For 4 girls, a 2x4 is a little small, even with a loft. Would it be possible to expand on the main level instead, to give them more running space?

piggylove2015

Cavy Slave
Here's is a pic of my loft if this helps you. I did have ramps but recently took them out for now because they didn't use them anyways. uploadfromtaptalk1427996092852.jpg

lissie

Cavy Slave
If you are planning to get another pig, can you split them into 2 pairs? A 2x4 cage is going to be too small for 4 pigs, no matter how many levels you add. If you could make a 2x6, you can try to introduce them.

If you split them into 2 pairs, you can put them in a stacked cage.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.