Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Thanksgiving addition

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Over the holiday I am going to put a second story on the right side of my cage. Now do you suggest I put all food and water up there to leave more room downstairs for laps and popcorning? It will be a 1x2 second story or maybe an L shaped. I have decided the ramp would be centered to allow for laps around it.

pennick

Cavy Slave
Absolutely. By having the food up there it will keep your piggy more active and give him a reason to go up there. I keep a water bottle on the bottom and on the top level.

I always feel its good to have 2 water bottles anyway just in case one is not working and you don't realize it.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Thanks Pennick, I thought I was on track.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Well following Ly's directive, I dug up this thread of mine to give an update. There have been many changes here and the first one is my roommate will be out of here by the end of Nov.!!! This past weekend my gentleman friend (funny saying boyfriend when you are my age) found out his apt. is going condo. He has been giving the oppotunity to break his lease without penalty so..... I am getting a new roommate. for a while I was in a total panic about money. He loves my pets and Jenny is really his pig. We will be playing musical furniture and rooms. My roommates room will actually be a study/nursery and we hope to put the girls in the livingroom and if possible get a larger table, put Buddy's cage (chin) on this table the girls are on now, and make the GP cage L shaped. They will be out there with the chinchilla and when we are not home everyone will have entertainment of sorts. If plan B doesn't work then we will implement plan A! I am so excited I can hardly wait. Of course pics to come when we are finished. Give me about two weeks.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Here is the first stage of the cage done. At some point I will put a second story on.
DSCF0660.jpg

I bought a second 24"x48" table and made them L shaped.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It's looking very good!

LBKK

Cavy Slave
I love the lights!!! Very festive! :)

tattooyu

Cavy Slave
Very nice with the lights! I love that...are they safe? Couldn't a piggie chew through the wires?

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
It looks great!

tattooyu- As long as the light are on the outside of the cage, away from their reach, it's perfectly safe.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
The pigs haven't stood on their hind legs to try to get to the lights. They are strung on the outside along the top. The girls are loving the cage. They run and pop even more. They run so hard they thump around and sound like horses.

homeschoolmama

Cavy Slave
Your cage is beautiful! The lights are pretty, and I love the "L" shape. Someday I hope to do this too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.