Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Switched and loving it

Guineadog

Cavy Gazer
I used to have an "Extra large" pet store cage. I could never fit toy in it only food and 1 pigloo (this was for 2 piggies. It was 3 ft. I think. So I decided C&C. I buult a 2 by 4 C&C cage. My piggies were cautious at first but then started popcirning everywhere and eat there hay and exploring and testing all the toys they never had. Luckily I only had them in the small cage for 1 month. IT WAS $75! I did tho keep it for travel and hospital uses....I put a little bridge for them to climb and I made a little cupcake house. Tunnels and stuff. They soon found where I placed the veggies and.fruits....lets just say it got loud. I will post pictures soon. Just wanted to share that they are now happy and nit cramped.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Yay! I loved when I switched to C&C as well, especially the pigs Lol! Can't wait to see pics

Cavy_King_180

Cavy Gazer
Would you mind me asking how much they were and where you got them?

Guineadog

Cavy Gazer
Would you mind me asking how much they were and where you got them?
Sure! Ok I got my grids from Fred meyers at $20. But you could get them at Bed Bath and Beyond, Walmart and almost about every other store. I actually decided not to get coro because I wanted to get to make it earlier and couldn't find it. I just put layers of towels and fleece but also a shower curatain can work but yeah I don't use that tho. It comes with connectors but zip ties are helpful. And I already had fleece and what not. I only needed one box. I had leftover grids so I customized mine...hope I helped!

Guineadog

Cavy Gazer
[/U]
These are pics...sorry for the mess it was after some days so they found a way to make a mess. Yes I have two thw other was out for nail clipping. Also it is a 2 by 4. I have toys and.hideout and bridges in it.for them. Not all are in.....hope yoy lije it!

Attachments

20150310_193330.jpg 20150310_193355.jpg

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
My daughter's friend came by and saw the GP cage. She said "Wow, you have her in such a big cage!" Pudge is in a 2x3 c&c. Sad, that the Petstores do not promote the correct sizes for GP.

sierralj97

Cavy Slave
@mamaduck71 - We have a piggy named Pudge! Just thought I'd mention that haha :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.