PDA

View Full Version : Proud, new owner

Guineadog
02-23-15, 10:43 am
Hello I am new here! Kind of new at owning to but......anyways I have two guinea pigs who are now thankfully tamed! One is named Ginger and she is 4 years old, the other is Corolie and she is 2 months old! Has anyone ever had Theirs run their shoulders? That's what the baby does Lol! I am happy I listened to one of my friends telling me to get a guinea pig! I feel lots of lucky! They love playtime and veggies. I am in the process of teaching tricks, when I say "up" they go on their hind legs....so they have mastered that....well thank you all, a lot of you on here helped me with research!

BaconAndEggs
02-23-15, 02:09 pm
Welcome!
When you can, please post pictures of your girls! I always love to see pictures of other piggies, similar to almost every other person on here! :D

CavieGuy
02-23-15, 03:54 pm
Welcome to the forum :) Can't wait to see your pictures.

Nicks Pigs
02-23-15, 05:29 pm
Welcome to the forum! My younger pair (even though their both around 2 yrs. old) both enjoy annoying me by running up my shoulders. Can't wait to see some pigtures! :)

Guineadog
02-23-15, 06:23 pm
Sorry if I doubled up in pictures! Want to let all of you know that the black one had 1 white paw! Also the people you see in the pictures are not me I was the one taking them. Sorry for poor quality these were taken on my old phone! They are much cuter in person I promise! Lol

BaconAndEggs
02-23-15, 06:41 pm
How cute are they?! If they're cuter in person... that's insane adorableness. :) I especially love your black one! Is she a crested? And the tannish one looks a bit like my boy Bacon... the tan hair is a bit darker, though. Beautiful girls!!

Guineadog
02-23-15, 08:03 pm
How cute are they?! If they're cuter in person... that's insane adorableness. :) I especially love your black one! Is she a crested? And the tannish one looks a bit like my boy Bacon... the tan hair is a bit darker, though. Beautiful girls!!
To me I think ALL guinea pigs are cuter in person than on pictures! Thanks btw! I wouldn't call the back one "crested" because she does not have one od the crested things if you know what I mean it is just a mark. Really weird! Two white marks one on head and back and (cutest part) I white paw! Bacon what a cute name!!! You have to show me pictures someday! I love the both the same and the bigger tan one is, well as the vet says "a little obese". Lol doesn't that make them more cuddly? I guess I spoiled them, no more pet store treats! (P.s I give them lots of exercise so that's not the problem).

ThatGirlMarie
02-23-15, 08:07 pm
They are cute!

You should substitute fresh fruit for the pet store treats a few times a week. My girls came with a bag of pet store treats and I thought they were ok, but I realized they weren't (after reading here - pet store treats are really bad for pigs) and stopped giving them. I think it had been causing too much calcium bc they sometimes had white pee. Much less now. Plus, they LOVE getting a small orange slice or piece of apple or something! They beg and stand on their back legs, it's so cute! Plus, the fruit gets all over their face - they look like toddlers learning to feed themselves lol

Guineadog
02-23-15, 08:12 pm
They are cute!

You should substitute fresh fruit for the pet store treats a few times a week. My girls came with a bag of pet store treats and I thought they were ok, but I realized they weren't (after reading here - pet store treats are really bad for pigs) and stopped giving them. I think it had been causing too much calcium bc they sometimes had white pee. Much less now. Plus, they LOVE getting a small orange slice or piece of apple or something! They beg and stand on their back legs, it's so cute! Plus, the fruit gets all over their face - they look like toddlers learning to feed themselves lol
Thank you! Pet store treats are way behind me now! I have been giving them veggies and fruits! Once a week they get orange slice (cuties oranges). They love it! Thank you now no more pet treats! Your girls sound amazing! How long have you had them?

BaconAndEggs
02-24-15, 08:13 pm
To me I think ALL guinea pigs are cuter in person than on pictures! Thanks btw! I wouldn't call the back one "crested" because she does not have one od the crested things if you know what I mean it is just a mark. Really weird! Two white marks one on head and back and (cutest part) I white paw! Bacon what a cute name!!! You have to show me pictures someday! I love the both the same and the bigger tan one is, well as the vet says "a little obese". Lol doesn't that make them more cuddly? I guess I spoiled them, no more pet store treats! (P.s I give them lots of exercise so that's not the problem).
Oh, I guess it's just the picture. But I've always loved piggies like that! Bacon and Eggs are my boys. :) Bacon is really chubby too... a healthy kind, though. Eggs is the skinnier of the two, but I wouldn't say he isn't chubby either! lol
Pictures:
I think it shows all. :)

Guineadog
02-24-15, 09:07 pm
Oh, I guess it's just the picture. But I've always loved piggies like that! Bacon and Eggs are my boys. :) Bacon is really chubby too... a healthy kind, though. Eggs is the skinnier of the two, but I wouldn't say he isn't chubby either! lol
Pictures:
I think it shows all. :)
Yep all are probably chubby! Awww Bacon and Eggs! How cute!? They are seriously adorable!! Super! How old are they!? And about the he has a lighter tan yes, yes he does. Wow Eggs is SK adorable too! Amazing cuteness! You and all guinea owners are so lucky!

BaconAndEggs
02-25-15, 03:14 pm
Yep all are probably chubby! Awww Bacon and Eggs! How cute!? They are seriously adorable!! Super! How old are they!? And about the he has a lighter tan yes, yes he does. Wow Eggs is SK adorable too! Amazing cuteness! You and all guinea owners are so lucky!
Thanks! Bacon will be 2 in May, and Eggs will be one in April. :)

ColinJellybean
02-25-15, 03:45 pm
They are both adorable! My black piggy Jellybean has a white line down his nose like yours! :)

PeanutnCookie
02-25-15, 05:56 pm
They are really cute! Welcome to the forum!

Guineadog
02-25-15, 09:18 pm
BaconAndEggs or whoever can answer. My little guinea pig (black fur) I noticed has longer fur than my other one. Not only that I noticed that it just looks like it is long and going to grow long or whatever (maybe not) anyways my question is since she is still a baby is there a chance she might be a long haired??? Or would her coat have already grown out (she is 2 months)

AmberCalzone
02-25-15, 10:03 pm
Both your piggies are so adorable <3

Guineadog
02-25-15, 10:13 pm
Both your piggies are so adorable <3

Thank you! I'm sure yours are just as cute!

AmberCalzone
02-25-15, 10:20 pm
I actually don't have any piggies at the moment ^.^ I was forced to adopt my six out when I started college, when my off-campus housing plans fell through last minute. They're in really amazing homes now though! And I do get pictures and updates about them once in a while.

Guineadog
02-25-15, 10:40 pm
Oh, well in the future I hope you get another Piggie!

BaconAndEggs
02-26-15, 01:49 pm
Hmmm... Sometimes a piggy's fur is just longer than you'd expect, but she could be a bit of a longer haired breed. She looks like a short haired to me, and you'd probably be able to tell early which breed... though she could be a mix where her hair is a bit longer than a short haired, but not long enough to be one of the long haired breeds. Guineadog

Guineadog
02-28-15, 11:46 pm
BaconAndEggs Thanks that really helped. I think her hair is just a little longer than a short haired would be but no too long. Thanks again!

BaconAndEggs
03-01-15, 07:18 am
No problem. :) My boys are pure Short haired and Abyssinian.