Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

outdoor pen

B

Brynn

outdoor pen

I need advice from whoever reads this about making an outdoor pen. With summer fast approaching I want my piggers to enjoy the sunshine! What should I make a pen out of? Does anyone know how to create a cheap and easy outdoor pen that is easy to put together and unassemble and put away? Thanks

Brynn

M

Muuru

how big?

How big did you want it to be? If you wanted it to be big(8feet by 8feet) you could use 2x4's and chicken wire(or something similar). 2x4's are like, $3 for an 8 foot piece, so to make an 8x8 pen would cost you $24 plus the wire, which shouldn't be all that much. However, ease of dissasembling isn't really an option there :/

Treen

Cavy Slave
Re: how big?

I made one that's 6ft x 4ft with a lid but it doesn't fold away or anything and just lives on its side in the garden with a plastic sheet over it, so no good for your requirements! However, here's a 6ft x 3ft one that folds down - it's still about 9ft of course but if you have a garage, you could easily slot it away down the side. Go to (broken link removed) and down to the piggy care menu (first lot of green boxes) - click on 'outside run'. There are lots of pictures of it being made so it might give you some ideas for how to go about it, if nothing else!

Treen
(broken link removed)

gpcarman

Cavy Slave
Re: outdoor pen

I don't know how big mine is inside but. I have a barn made of scrap wood with a second level and a roof. Then I get some chicken wire and metal poles(not sure what) and stick them into the ground. My pigs seem to enjoy it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.