PDA

View Full Version : Hello From St. Cloud, MN

Herrington
02-18-15, 01:02 pm
Hello everyone. My name is Robert. I live in St. Cloud, MN. I will be adopting 2 female guinea pigs today from an unsuitable home. I will be on here looking for lots of info and advice as I learn to properly care for them. I haven't thought of any names yet, but I'm sure they'll come as soon as I meet the girls. I will post pics once I get them. I would like to learn how to make a nice C&C cage for them if anyone has any good links. Nice to meet you all!!!

pinky
02-18-15, 01:11 pm
Hello everyone. My name is Robert. I live in St. Cloud, MN. I will be adopting 2 female guinea pigs today from an unsuitable home. I will be on here looking for lots of info and advice as I learn to properly care for them. I haven't thought of any names yet, but I'm sure they'll come as soon as I meet the girls. I will post pics once I get them. I would like to learn how to make a nice C&C cage for them if anyone has any good links. Nice to meet you all!!!
Hi, Herrington, and welcome! Check out the photos section at the top of the page for C&C ideas. Once you decide what you're leaning towards, let us know and we can give you suggestions on how to build it. Check out Goodwill, craigslist and freecycle for cheap or free grids to save money.

BaconAndEggs
02-18-15, 01:21 pm
Welcome!

Applause for doing your research! And for considering a C&C cage! There are many different kinds of C&C cages. You could have one with a loft (just remember lofts don't add to the minimum floor space!), a wide one, a long on, one with a stand, there are so many possibilities. A 2x4 foot is the minimum for two guinea pigs. For boars (males), more space is recommended. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Herrington
02-18-15, 04:08 pm
They came with a super small cage, so I'd like to make a square C&C cage with a loft in it if I find a plan that works well. They also came with a playpen that is 9sq ft. There is no top for it, but I'd like to know if I could let them live in that temporarily until I complete their cage. I feel so bad for them being in that tiny cage. I was told they are 10 months old, and all they've ever been fed was timothy hay. I'm almost certain they need fresh fruits and veggies right? Possibly as well as pellets?