Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Vera & Lorelei!

ThatGirlMarie

Cavy Slave
Now that I've posted around a bit, I figured I should share the ladies in my life. I was told they are sisters but I have my suspicions that they are actually mother and daughter. They remind me of my mom and I...for better or worse :p they're fosters with Have a Heart Guinea Pig Rescue.

Vera is the color-blocked girl - because she looks like an expensive handbag and I like Vera Bradley bags! Actually, my partner named her. He knows I love purses. She has a MAJOR attitude. She's the boss, she isn't shy, she's very bold, but don't try and pet her or pick her up. She chatters, kicks, and tries to bite. But, she is curious and sniffs at everything and will eat right out of my hand so there's hope! She likes: carrots, salad (all the salad!!), raspberries, tomatoes, cukes, zucchini, and basically anything she can get her teeth on. I admit to sometimes calling her Handbag... :rolleyes:

The other one, of course, is Lorelei - the friendly more docile but easily frightened. She's named after Lorelei Gilmore...I'll let you guess which Lorelei :rolleyes: She popcorns sometimes and runs around a lot, so I think she's younger than the other despite their supposed "sister" claim. She hates raspberries but will eat jut about anything green and enjoys apples as a sometimes treat.

Enjoying a salad....

983848_635259338812_2459980738901453304_n.jpg

More salad while mom cleans our cage!
IMG_0127.jpg

My first ever C&C cage - this was right after cleaning and such so it looks nice...it's kind of a mess now but it'll get a thorough cleaning again tomorrow (it's also now on a stand and the 1x2 loft is built but they won't have access until we get something for the ramp & coro for the grids - it's gonna be the kitchen!
IMG_0163.jpg

This is Lorelei sulking on the bottom bunk after we made a valiant attempt at clipping her nails. She refused to come out until I refilled the hay bin with their brand new hay ^.^
IMG_0181.jpg

They'll be getting fleece flippers soon (though I love this blue/white/black triangle blanket!), some cozy cups, and beds. I've only had them about a week and they were dropped off suddenly and with only a cage, food, and hay (poor quality, sadly) so it'll take some time to bring their lifestyle up to speed!

For the first time today we didn't try to take them out or have to move the cage or anything at all and I think they felt really settled - they made noise & ran zoomies and popcorned for really the first time!!!

Jmoore77

Cavy Slave
Welcome!! Your piggies are adorable! You did an awesome job on your cage. I bet the girls love it:)

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Oh wow, they have really beautiful colorings. ^^

janinehunt

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi, welcome to the forum! Now those are my kind of pigs! I love their colouring. Nice cage set up too, though it would be great if you could add on another grid length to make a 2 x 4. Thanks for the pics.

ThatGirlMarie

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone!

If I could have made the cage a 2x4, I would have already.

theblueofnoon

Cavy Slave
They're adorable! Coincidentally, I also just rescued a male Texel guinea pig from Have a Heart Rescue. :)

pepperbelle

Cavy Slave
I love your hay rack :) Can i ask where you bought it?

Your girls are so cute!

ThatGirlMarie

Cavy Slave
It looks like a bent grid put vertical

Yup - it's a vertical bent grid. We now use a horizontal one (same one, just turned up) zip tied to the side of the cage bc there was a LOT more mess and waste with the vertical one.

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Your girls are adorable!! I love the last picture, I love seeing pigs when they lay down! My boy Bacon does this cute little thing when he sleeps, kind of like an ear twitch... Great cage! I love your girls' coloring.

bubbleandsugar

Cavy Gazer
Lorelei looks exactly like my Sugarpuff! (I came here to see which one it was)

ThatGirlMarie

Cavy Slave
Haha yup! Her coloring is a bit more sparse but that colored head and white body!

bubbleandsugar

Cavy Gazer
Haha yup! Her coloring is a bit more sparse but that colored head and white body!

Yeah, when my girl was a baby she didn't have the black spreading at all. She was perfectly divided into three colors!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.