PDA

View Full Version : New Guinea pig owner

Jcool
02-05-15, 11:55 am
My name is Joe, I just wanted to introduce my self. I got a 2 month old boy guinea pig about 3 weeks ago. I just got a friend for him 2 days ago and he is 3 weeks old. so he is so small. I did not know I needed 2 I was told 2 boys will fight but I did my research and now I have 2. they live in a 4x3 c&c cage and I have every type of hay you can get for them witch is about 5 or 6 types, and the oxbow young guinea pig food pellets. The hay is mostly Alfalfa but I mix in something different every day to keep things different for them. They also get fresh greens once a day. So I'm up for suggestions I'm still learning thanks. :)

PeanutnCookie
02-05-15, 12:12 pm
What veggies do you give them? They need about one cup a day. http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/22156-READ-ME-Cavy-Nutrition-Charts-amp-Poisonous-Plants-List?p=254730&viewfull=1#post254730 This is a list of all the things you can give them. Two meals, morning and evening, are better than one veggie serving. Guinea pigs are foragers and prefer to eat throughout the day

bmt28
02-07-15, 02:43 pm
Welcome to the forum! You will learn a ton of great information here. Plus you are virtually surrounded by people who don't think you are out of your mind for loving those cute little guys. I recommend using the search feature in the forum to learn more about nutrition. There is loads of info that would help you that we couldn't even begin to answer in just one thread. From what I recall alfalfa hay is fine for babies (not for 6 months or over) but unlimited Timothy is best. I also feed my boys their veggies at night after I clean up their cage in the evening. They love it!