PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions

chipandjem
01-18-15, 05:49 am
Hi im new on here I have 2 guinea pigs one is a American teddy bear called chip and the other is a anerican royal crest called gem there both female's and are around 3 years old every year at least twice a year chip loses all her fur on her back they both get treated for mites every month there cage gets cleaned every 3 days and we use johnsons clean and safe spray which kills bacteria and viruses we use confetti as bedding as it dosent carry mites and treated hey for them to eat and play in so I dont no what could be causing her to lose her fur any suggestions would be great

pigmommy89
01-18-15, 09:17 am
From what I've read teddies are prone to skin/coat issues. I've never owned one myself, so hopefully others will chime in.

AmberCalzone
01-18-15, 09:26 am
Are you positive Chip is a teddy, and not a Werewolf? Werewolf guinea pigs are skinny pigs that have more hair than normal skinny pigs. They have very course, curly hair, kind-of-ish like a teddy. But they loose their hair (and regrow it). If Chip is a werewolf it would be totally normal.

If that's not a possibility, I'm afraid I have no idea how to help, but I hope someone else does.