PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

GameOfCavies
01-17-15, 12:03 am
Hello everyone :) I'm Meagan. I have two cavys, Tyrion and Olenna. Olenna is a sweet fluffy little girl, and Tyrion is a bit of a brat but I love him.
Sweet little Olenna hanging out with me. She's pretty much a big white puffball.

Tyrion started out so good, and then he decided that he wanted to know what the odd flashing box mom had tasted like.

Edit:
I just wanted to say that I'm still relatively new to piggie ownership, so any help is greatly appreciated :) They were fenced off in the dining room for some floor time during this pic. Hence why I was able to lay with them. I have them eating Oxbow Essentials food and they have a constant supply of timothy hay. They also get a bit of kale twice a week :)

joys_cavies
01-17-15, 01:15 am
Well if you aren't already give them fresh veggies everyday. Also is Tyrion neutered? Feel free to ask any questions you have or may have. Thus forum is great

GameOfCavies
01-18-15, 03:40 pm
Yes, he's neutered. And I don't normally give the veggies every day. Should I start that?

joys_cavies
01-18-15, 03:42 pm
Yes, he's neutered. And I don't normally give the veggies every day. Should I start that?
Yes. Otherwise they risk getting scurvy and like us, they can't produce they're own vitamin C. There's a sticky in the diet and nutrition discussion of what you can and can't give them and how much

BaconAndEggs
01-18-15, 03:59 pm
As said above, yes, you should give them veggies every day. It is a very important part of their diet.

Oh, and welcome! Look forward to seeing more pigtures! :D

PianoPlayer88
01-18-15, 04:30 pm
Welcome to forum! As stated before, your pigs need fresh veggies(around 3/4 of a cup per day each) not only for their health but they will only enjoy you more as an owner if you give them the healthy treats. I personally bypass all the petstore treats and give my pigs bell pepper, lettuce(any kind except iceberg), carrot, cilantro, the occasional but of apple, the list goes on. There is a very helpful list somewhere on his site that shows every vegetable you can feed your guinea pigs, but I don't have the link unfortunately. Search around and you should be able to find it. As long as they get their pellets and unlimited hay with the veggies you should have some happy campers!

joys_cavies
01-18-15, 04:34 pm
Welcome to forum! As stated before, your pigs need fresh veggies(around 3/4 of a cup per day each) not only for their health but they will only enjoy you more as an owner if you give them the healthy treats. I personally bypass all the petstore treats and give my pigs bell pepper, lettuce(any kind except iceberg), carrot, cilantro, the occasional but of apple, the list goes on. There is a very helpful list somewhere on his site that shows every vegetable you can feed your guinea pigs, but I don't have the link unfortunately. Search around and you should be able to find it. As long as they get their pellets and unlimited hay with the veggies you should have some happy campers!
I believe it's 1 cup per pig

PianoPlayer88
01-18-15, 04:37 pm
I believe it's 1 cup per pig
Ok thanks. Is it the same for younger pigs or is that number universal?

joys_cavies
01-18-15, 04:38 pm
Ok thanks. Is it the same for younger pigs or is that number universal?
It's the same for all pigs I think

Kenna18155
01-18-15, 06:18 pm
Yep, a cup a day, per pig. Kale isn't a good daily food though. Grab some green leaf lettuce and bell pepper instead, and feed the kale as a treat.

lungilungi65
02-01-15, 09:11 am
Hello, I am usman and I love photography. I see all the images of pigs and all are nice.