Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Hey smart people, Combine C&C with Midwest??

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I currently have a 2x4 C&C and have 5 or 6 more grids unused and could buy more if need be. I have a good amount of Coroplast too.

I have a Midwest Habitat Plus (the one with lid and divider) that I've used in the past but always used the lid panels and divider panel to expand it.

I currently use the cage panels to create floor time area:

I also have a brand new Midwest Cage (this one with no lid or divider, just the liner and cage grids. (I bought it for someone who didn't end up needing it and I only paid $25 so it was a steal!).

I want to create a cage with a large upstairs and downstairs. I really can't go bigger than the space I'm using now for the 2x4.

I'm thinking I can lose the ottomans it sits on now and use the grids to build an elevated 2x4 and use the extra Coroplast I have with the cage grids from the Midwest cages to build a large downstairs that slides under the elevated upstairs. I just don't know how to use my C&C grids to build a stable upstairs that stands free since I can't attach it to the Midwest lower level that will exist.

Make sense? Any input on how to do this or better ideas using what I have, please advise!

LucidCavies

Cavy Slave
The ONLY thing I can think of would be expanding as one whole level not adding a second one using the midwest cage. Its just that Its so big and even if you could figure something out, I feel like it would be to flimsy. The only thing I could think of would be to set the c&c cage next to the midwest and remove some grids so it could be just one huge single level cage... just a thought. But you said you don't really have room for that so I'm sorry :( hopefully this can also act as a bump and someone else could help you out a bit more.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I ended up getting more grids so am building a stand to put it on that will have storage underneath and build my 2x4 again but add a loft of either 2x2 or a"u" shaped loft. I will keep one Midwest cage for when we travel and donate one to someone or the local rescue. That's what I'm thinking.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.