Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Turning veggie!

Da_3_mad_pigs

Cavy Slave
I have decided that I am going to turn veggie!! I was wondering what you can put in a sandwich(except cheese), because I have a packed lunch for school and I hate cheese:yuck: :sick: , but I cant think of anything else that is veggie??:?:

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
A salad sandwich is lovely. Tomato, lettuce, cucumber (cheese, but not in your case) and a dollop of salad cream in brown bread is gorgeous. White bread if you prefer, though!

You could try tinned fish, like tuna, although I suppose that's not really being vegetarian, so maybe not.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck!

stitsy&codyPig

Cavy Slave
You could make a peanut butter and jelly sandwitch if you like that.
Peanut butter is good protien.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Jam sandwich! I used to eat those as a kid

CCC, I too love a cheese salad sandwich. Ilovemypiggies, give it a try since I'm sure you'll find it tasty

Susan W

Cavy Slave
If you eat eggs, you can do an egg salad sandwich (where you boil eggs and mix them up with mayo and mustard, salt, pepper and pickles..and with celery or raw carrots if you like it).

Da_3_mad_pigs

Cavy Slave
Thanks for all the info guys. I will try all of them and see wich one I like the best!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Oh and well done for making such an excellent descision :) Go veggies!

futureguineamom

Cavy Slave
Peanut Butter and Brown Sugar... sounds crazy but it's so yummy.. the brown sugar part isn't exactly the healthiest choice, but mmmm. Or Peanut Butter and Honey, or Cinnamon..

Alicemcmallis

Cavy Slave
Dude! I live on sandwiches! :) I highly recommend any of the Yves soy deli slices, or something similar if they're not available in your area. They make fake boloney, ham, turkey, salami, roast beef and cajun chicken slices that are VERY tasty! I make a sandwich with two slices of deli "meat", some mayo and/or mustard and lettuce and I'm ready to go. Sometimes for variety I'll add cucumber, tomato (although that tends to get mushy if you're taking it to work or school), sprouts, red or green pepper, mushrooms, etc.

Also very good is a roasted veggie sandwich, with roasted eggplant, red pepper, onion and portabella mushroom. Mmm. You can use pita pockets and put hummus, tabouli (a mixture of couscous and minced veggies) and sliced vegetables like cucumber and tomato in it, that is extremely tasty and very healthy.

Basically any combo of veggies and condiments is good. Cucumber and sprouts go really well together with a mayo or salad dressing. I also love dill pickle and mayo sandwiches, although I'm sure that's an acquired taste. ;)

I enjoy peanut butter and banana on occasion, futureguineamom. I will have to try the peanut butter and brown sugar, sounds very good.

Susan W

Cavy Slave
I used to actually put pickles with my peanut butter instead of jelly. I know, it sounds disgusting, (and right now it doesn't even sound good to me) but I liked it at the time.

amyjane

Cavy Slave
I like making sandwiches using hummus. Depending on my mood, I add things like sprouts, shaved carrots, and cucumbers. It works very well in a wrap or on pita bread.

C

cavy_madness

hi im a veggie too!!well my name is morgan im new here so please mail me

Last edited by a moderator:

Da_3_mad_pigs

Cavy Slave
Hiya cavy_madness, welcome to the site! I am sure you will like it here!!

Kriket

Cavy Slave
Basically any combo of veggies and condiments is good. Cucumber and sprouts go really well together with a mayo or salad dressing. I also love dill pickle and mayo sandwiches, although I'm sure that's an acquired taste.
wink.gif

I LOVE dill pickle and mayo on white bread! I'm not a veggie, but I just had to add to that. Also, if you like tomatoes, tomatoe and mayo (you can wrap the tomatoe seperatly and put it on your bread at lunch time that way it doesen't get soggy!) with a little salt is GREAT!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.