PDA

View Full Version : Sick Bloat??

Mknight622
01-12-15, 07:55 pm
I know I've had lots of threads going the past week or so, but we've had a lot of new situations lately and I don't want to do the wrong thing! I apologize for asking so many questions, but I'm hoping things will start to calm down now...

Tonight I noticed one of my babies has an unusually large, hard belly and, after reading through some related threads, I'm concerned it might be bloat. She is still trying to nurse, although Mama has started to wean them, but I can't say for sure if she's eating much else. She has still been moving around, but when I picked her up she squealed a noise I had never heard before, which makes me think something hurts. It looks like a pregnant belly, but it is impossible as she just turned 3 weeks old today...

She has had more romaine lettuce than normal and I just found out my hubby bought a different kind of pellets over the weekend, the kind sold by the pound. I have never given my pigs that crap, I always buy the kind that has the "packaged on" date on the bag so I know it hasn't been sitting in a container for God knows how long. Could the pellets have caused whatever is going on? Help!!

Mknight622
01-12-15, 09:42 pm
Through searching these different threads, I found a treatment that has definitely been effective! I'm not sure if I completely got rid of the problem, so any/all suggestions would still be greatly appreciated!

I read that a vibrating pad will help get things moving, and it just so happens my son got a new electric toothbrush over the weekend and I hadn't thrown his old one away yet! I took the brush part off and put it up against her belly while she sat on a towel. After about 20-30 minutes, this was the result:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/12/657ecaead38bcda7079531ece5c0ad04.jpg

That's a lot of poop for a Wee Pig! Her belly seemed much softer after all that came out too. I know it must have been making her feel better because she was fighting me at first, but after a couple minutes she decided to lay down on top of it. What do you guys think? Problem solved or should I be doing something else too?

joys_cavies
01-12-15, 11:57 pm
Through searching these different threads, I found a treatment that has definitely been effective! I'm not sure if I completely got rid of the problem, so any/all suggestions would still be greatly appreciated!

I read that a vibrating pad will help get things moving, and it just so happens my son got a new electric toothbrush over the weekend and I hadn't thrown his old one away yet! I took the brush part off and put it up against her belly while she sat on a towel. After about 20-30 minutes, this was the result:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/12/657ecaead38bcda7079531ece5c0ad04.jpg

That's a lot of poop for a Wee Pig! Her belly seemed much softer after all that came out too. I know it must have been making her feel better because she was fighting me at first, but after a couple minutes she decided to lay down on top of it. What do you guys think? Problem solved or should I be doing something else too?
If it ain't broke don't fix it is what my dad says. So I give her the all clear but what do I know lol

Mknight622
01-13-15, 12:09 am
Lol! Yeah, I live by that philosophy, too! I'm just hoping she's completely better now...
My son says she's "good to go" and that "she just had a fart stuck sideways!"

joys_cavies
01-13-15, 12:28 am
Lol! Yeah, I live by that philosophy, too! I'm just hoping she's completely better now...
My son says she's "good to go" and that "she just had a fart stuck sideways!"
Fart stuck side ways! Lol