Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps Homemade ramp ideas?

SarahRose

Cavy Slave
Hi! My new cage is coming in the mail tomorrow (Midwest Expandable Guinea Cage, because of the problem stated below). I'm going to use the old cage as the kitchen area but I'm not sure what to do as the ramp. I've literally looked EVERYWHERE (Target, Walmart, Kmart, Five Below, Dollar Store, Home Depot, Office Depot, etc..) for the C&C grids and coroplast. I need to make a homemade ramp but I'm not to sure what to use? Any help appreciated!! Xoxo :love:

Pinny Gig

Cavy Slave
The guinea pig cages store has premade ramps and the photo gallery has a section dedicated to diy ramps.

I found coroplast at Home Depot (you can search their online site and see if they have any near your location). But since you've looked already sign shops have them and will sell them to you cheap if you let them know it's for a cage rather than a sign.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Home depot will sell it cheaper overall, in my case at least. I found some online, and a 2'x3' sheet was $4! I put 2, and with shipping, that totalled up to: $21! I got 2 of the same thing at home depot, and it was $18.06. I found my grids at Bed Bath and Beyond for $20. For ramps.... There are ideas in the gallery, but you could use fiddlesticks (They are a bendable stick bridge). I was going to say a grid, but you don't have any.. oops! (broken link removed) here's an idea

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.