PDA

View Full Version : bugs

easterjellybean
08-05-03, 10:58 am
I was wondering if bugs bother the piggies when they are outside? I set my piggie outside one time in a portable cage and the ants were on the cage in two minutes. I wanted take the cubes outside and just plop a 2x3 rectangle in the grass. that way she can eat the grass and run around on the ground, but i'm worried he'll get bugs.

Briana D
08-07-03, 06:52 am
I don't think having bugs climb on your pig is the best thing for it. Also, if you're going to take your pig outside be very careful and watch for parasites.

You could just give him floor time in the house and trim any clean grass and feed him.

Guinea Piggies
09-16-04, 06:36 pm
ants on the cage in 2 mins??? lol maybe u put it on an ant hill... yuck. hey how about spiders??? like big ones...well not like tarantulas or anything heehee but umm bout the size of a quarter including legs?

mncavylover
09-16-04, 06:41 pm
Eew... spideys are icky... (arachnaphobic). I think it should be fine, but maybe you could just cut grass and give it to the pigs inside. If you have bug problems, this may be the only option.

Guinea Piggies
09-17-04, 08:45 pm
well the spiders are inside????so um ya.

GuineasGalore
09-19-04, 08:38 am
Is it okay to play it safe and give guinea pigs free run on you balcony( not free run, but like with little walls so they don't get into trouble) (it's not a small balcony, it's about the size of the garage+some more room in the back)

GuineasGalore
09-20-04, 09:10 am
I forgot to ask, the balcony i'm talking about is covered in this green fabric stuff..kinda like carpet but not really. Would that be dangerous for the pig? Or do you think they would ignore it?

mncavylover
09-20-04, 07:50 pm
I'm not sure about the carpet. It may be a good idea to put something down, either paper towels, a shower curtain, or towels. I can't know for sure what chemicals were used, especially as it's outside.

loves2travel
09-20-04, 07:55 pm
Eew... spideys are icky... (arachnaphobic). I think it should be fine, but maybe you could just cut grass and give it to the pigs inside. If you have bug problems, this may be the only option.
i am totally arachnaphobic too! ick.