Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

So glad I found this group!

bmt28

Cavy Slave
Hi there! Late last winter I bought my daughter a guinea pig from a pet store (gasp! I now know better) complete with a pet store cage ( double gasp!). Sammie is a boy( the smooth brown and white one) . After a few weeks I started reading a lot on the internet and stumbled across this amazing group. I have been able to make so many positive changes thanks to you all. A bigger cage, Better food, better treats, better toys that I could make myself, better quality hay, etc. Sammie now has a roomie that was adopted from a local rescue. His name is Freddie and he is just so cute, he looks like he's wearing black chaps on his hind legs. They are both sweet boys with very different personalities. Sammie is quiet whereas Freddie is very vocal. Sammie likes to be picked up and purs when petted and Freddie is a bit more skittish but likes to be pet under his chin. I can't say that Sammie and Freddie are best friends ( there's no snuggling or playing together) but they don't fight, they co-exist. I learned quickly that I had to go from a big C & C cage to a giant one to help with that. My finger lost a fight with the box cutter during the expansion and I ended up in surgery but that's a story for another day. Pinterest craft gone wrong what can I say... Anyhow, thanks for the advice and support. I love looking at all the cute pics especially the piggies all dressed up! And although I tell my girls the pigs are theirs they are most definitely mine LOL!!!

(sorry the pics are upside down, not sure how to correct that)

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum! Sammie and Freddie are adorable!

Jmoore77

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum:). Your piggies are adorable!!!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Such cute piggies! And you never know, they might get closer as time goes on. I've had Amy and Quinn for around three years now, and initially they were frenemies. Now they're at the point where they'll even share a pigloo together, although it took a lot of time.

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
I love this site too! I was given a pregnant pet store pig for my birthday. Of course, I didn't know she was pregnant! This site has helped me become a good piggy owner. And I made a mistake with my cage too--I cut the Coro using only scissors! I had battle scars by the time I was done. Adorable pigs!

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Haha! Fortunately for me, my coroplast was pre cut. Your boys are so cute! I did what you did! I bought my piggies from people and put them in a store bought cage. I recently got them into a new C&C cage, though.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.