Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Meet Emmett and Eva!

Leuco

Cavy Gazer
Hello all!

I adopted two guinea pigs, my first ever (!), Emmett (the calico) and Eva (the albino), from an exotic animal rescue. No worries - they're both fixed - and they live happily together. I adopted them at the end of July: the vet I adopted them from though Eva was about 6 months and Emmett about 1 year.

A bit about my pigs! They love carrots, corn husks, and willow branches, but turn their noses up at peppers and oranges. Eva has a bad eye (microphthalmia and conjuctivitis) that I'm not convinced she can see out of, and she's albino, but she's shown no signs of bad teeth or anything else. She's a bit more skittish but also a drama queen, and certainly not afraid to tell Emmett that the pellets are hers, thank you very much.
Emmett is the ornery one. He loves his hay, and I swear he watches me and can see when I start to stir in the morning, because as soon as I do, he starts begging for his hay, then stands on his back feet to peer over the coroplast and make sure I'm moving.

The pigs have a 4x2 C/C cage with a 2x1 kitchen loft.

As for me, I'm a graduate student in microbiology, just started this fall, and the piggers have experienced it all with me, moving and all!

(If anyone in the Midwest wants a pig, Dr. Becker with EARPS ((broken link removed)) is amazing, and has a bunch!!)

[I have no idea why the photos are upside down/sideways so sorry about that!!!)

Attachments

PigsChristmas2.jpg EvaEye.jpg DinnerTime.jpg 20140727_174406.jpg

Tarams

Cavy Slave
Welcome, you have adorable piggies! Love them in their Santa costumes :)

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum, my piggies Ferb & Penny send nose touches to Emmett & Eva!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.