PDA

View Full Version : Impaction possible impaction?

Wheekers135
12-14-14, 01:27 am
so lately ive been noticing large poop clumps coming from my one boar. Ive cleaned him and taken a look and he doesn't have any buildups that I have to help him expel. so could this still be impaction but he is managing to expel them on his own? I had him out for floortime today and he pooped normal though. so maybe a temporary thing? the poop isn't green or soft like the ones they eat (not sure if there is a name for those) it is just like his normal poop but with multiple clumped together in ball. what could this be and what should I do?v

bpatters
12-14-14, 08:56 am
Sounds like something might be amiss with his diet. What exactly are you feeding him, and how much of it?

Wheekers135
12-14-14, 11:02 am
I'm feeding him probably the crappy-est pellets available, Hartz. After christmas when I have money, I am going to start ordering kms hay and pellets. But right now my two pigs get half a cup a day (1/4 each). And they get unlimited Kaytee Timothy hay. Unfortunately not very many veggies but again, after Christmas, I am basically updating their life so they will start getting daily veggies, better pellets and hay, and fleece (their Christmas presents).

bpatters
12-14-14, 03:09 pm
The recommendation for pellets for an adult pig is 1/8 cup per day per pig,

Veggies will soften poop up and make it more pellet like. Why do you have to wait until after Christmas to start feeding veggies?

guin2567
12-14-14, 03:19 pm
The recommendation for pellets for an adult pig is 1/8 cup per day per pig,

Veggies will soften poop up and make it more pellet like. Why do you have to wait until after Christmas to start feeding veggies?
I thought it was 1/3

bpatters
12-14-14, 03:39 pm
No, it's 1/4 cup for an adult pig.

Wheekers135
12-14-14, 11:32 pm
I knew the recommended amount was 1/8 but for kms it says also 1/4 which I thought might be better because for some reason my guinea pigs are huge (size/weight not fatness).

well it's kind of complicated but long story short, my mom won't even think about it or discuss it with me until after Christmas. She is the one that does the grocery shopping so I have to get her to agree to pick up veggies for them. I'll be paying for them but my parents both think that they don't need them and why now when I haven't been doing it all along. So it will take that long just to convince them

guin2567
12-14-14, 11:33 pm
Ok thanks ill start feeding my pig that muche every day [emoji2]

Wheekers135
12-14-14, 11:55 pm
The recommendation for pellets for an adult pig is 1/8 cup per day per pig

I'm confused. You contradicted yourself?

bpatters
12-15-14, 08:05 am
You're right, Wheekers135, I did contradict myself. Comes of posting when I'd rather be napping.

The recommended amount for an adult pig is 1/8 cup of pellets per pig.

Wheekers135
12-15-14, 04:38 pm
Oh ok :)

i'll feed 1/8 each

guin2567
12-15-14, 04:43 pm
1/8 cuo a day it is :D