Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage What should I use to cage off an area for floortime?

Rainspinner

Cavy Slave
Hi guys,

I have two female guinea pigs, and while their cage size is considered "enough", I feel like they need more floor time. I used to give them two 15 minute floortime sessions a day (most of the house is carpet, and I don't want any accidents), but since I started university and only am home for 3 days a week, I can't give them enough floor time. The kitchen/dining area has tiles, so I was thinking of putting them there for exercise while my younger sister keeps an eye out on them.

I can't think of anything I could use to make a fence or something in the area they would stay in though. I'd cage off a decently big area, so it can't be too expensive. Any ideas?

(If you're wondering why my sister can't take them for floor time regularly, it's because she actually developed allergies to the guinea pigs and if she spends too much time near them, she starts sneezing and eventually breaks out in hives :[ )

mizzpiggie

Cavy Slave
Get some extra grids and zip tie them end to end. You can make it as long as you need, or make a few shorter ones to just block certain areas, like a doorway or around a vent. They fold up accordion-style, so they're easy to put up and take down.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.