Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mouth Piggy Ate Plastic?!?!?!

Guineas Galore

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Okay so Cookie pulled some glad-wrap from the bin through the cage, I don't know how.

Anyway she was chewing it and maybe eating it? I'm freaking out!! What do I do?!

(I've moved the bin obviously)

crittercorner

Cavy Slave
I have had this happen before with my guineas and me leaving the veggie bag to close ( very impatient lil piggies) first off it is a choking hazzard but if it been a while and ur piggy seams fine i doubt that will be a problem but the next is if she ate a large amount it can cause blockage so keep a close eye on her and if you even see the slightest thing different the her norm get her checked (less pooping not eating as much or not moving around) but if you see she is acting normally and after a few days nothing seems off then you should be in the clear but do not hesitate to take her in to the vet if you feel its necessary!!!!!!!!! YOu know YOUR piggy best youll know if somthing off!

Guineas Galore

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@crittercorner Thanks for the quick response, shes just chilling now >_>
(weirdo)

crittercorner

Cavy Slave
Your welcome!

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Flexible plastic that can't cut the intestines usually passes fine. You do have to watch for signs of a blockage. Not eating, not pooping, or any sign of bloat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.