Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New introduction; Hello, I'm Alex

coachalex

Cavy Gazer
I'll start by saying that I've been a long time "lurker" of this forum (going on about 2 years now...love it!) and am just now feeling comfortable and confident enough to stop in and say hello! I'm a wife, mother and health and fitness coach who lives in Southern Indiana with my husband and daughter.

Let's get to the fun stuff: I've owned and raised Guinea Pigs since I was a little girl. I went about a good 5 years without being a piggy slave when my husband and I decided that we were ready for another addition to our family! We rescued a beautiful short haired American who looked quite young and we named her Peppa (anyone who has kids at home: Peppa Pig, get it?!). She has brought so much joy to our little family and she is most definitely our little baby!

Come to find out - we got this little girl expecting!! Our vet said she can't verify how far along she is (at least half way...she has worked with piggies before however doesn't consider herself an "exotic" vet and we have yet to find one close within our area) but that she looks and feels like she has 1 or 2 in there (couldn't tell that for sure either - go figure huh?!).

So here we are: pregnant piggy and about to add a few more to our happy family! Figured we would stop by, introduce ourselves and say hi to all the piggy lovers out there! This forum has been a huge help for me as I've never had a pregnant piggy (I take that stuff very seriously as I myself had a complicated pregnancy!) and want to ensure the best care possible for our little Peppa! I love how open and giving the people on this forum is -- it reminds me of why I work in my own profession and love the sense of community that comes with it. I feel that is so essential!

I'm sure this won't be the last from me! Nice to meet you all and have a happy Sunday! Much love from our family to yours! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417374458.827116.jpg

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Hi Alex! Welcome to the forum! Peppa is so cute! Just to let you know, [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION] is a great source of health information, so if you ever need help, ask her!

coachalex

Cavy Gazer
Thanks [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION]! I've been through the forums extensively and it was really helpful! I have notes and stickies all over the place for future references (some of which I hope I never need but it's good to have in case I ever have to pull it out)!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi there and welcome to being a forum non-lurker! Peppa is adorable, I can't wait to see how many babies she has and what they look like!

143sheri

Cavy Slave
Yes welcome!!!! Bpatters is the best! Your Peppa is insanely adorable in that cute little bed!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.